5 Breakfast Meccas In And Around West Chester

Get Ready to Get Hungry
49

There are many hot breakfast spots throughout Chester County. Each one with its appeals and downsides. This list will highlight the best (in my opinion) that you can find in your own backyard of West Chester and it's surrounding areas. Hopefully, this inspires some weekend plans.

1. Wawa

Wawa is a treat that very few can enjoy. It boasts delicious, quick, and pocket-friendly options for people of all walks of life. They also have a great selection of food, beverages, and snacks to choose from. If you're in a rush, you can expect the quickest and friendliest service. Another benefit is the free/ $1 coffee days, sizzli specials, and hoagiefest. Some negatives, however, is there is no outdoor seating so you must eat in your car. It can also get really crowded in the morning.

2. Nudy's Cafe

Nudy's is located near the bus station and the courthouse in town, so if you don't have a car it's no problem to get to this location. It's also not that far from West Chester University and can be accessed by bus or by walking. The location is quaint, and the service is quick with polite employees. Great for Breakfast or Brunch with a group of friends. Some negatives are the small parking lot for those who have to drive and the food is a bit bland for my taste. However, do not let that deter you from trying them out. Everyone's tastes are different. They also have many other locations throughout the county.

3. Downingtown Diner

A town classic and the home of the Blob, this little slice of cinematic history serves breakfast 24 hours a day 7 days a week. So whether breakfast is at 8 am or 8 pm, you can expect to get a short stack of platter sized flapjacks. The food is flavorful and the atmosphere is fun and friendly. This location is great for everyone. Some negatives are that parking is minimal, and it can get very crowded on weekends. Especially right after Church on Sunday.

4. 7/11

You wouldn't expect 7/11 to be among the best places for breakfast, but I assure you I can vouch for this one. The 7/11 in Exton, PA saved my ass on numerous occasions when I had to be up at the crack of dawn to catch my bus to work at the mall. It was a safe place to walk to, to get my morning cup of joe, and the breakfast sandwiches were surprisingly tasty. Add to that, the friendly staff who always asked me about my day and how I was doing. Some downsides, however, was the limited breakfast food selection and no established eating area.

5. Shady Maple Smorgasbord

The last location is more of a destination spot. Shady Maple is in the heart of Lancaster County surrounded by some of the activities mentioned in my fall activities article. So why not make a weekend of it with a trip to the biggest buffet you have ever seen. The buffet boasts an array of options, all equally tasty, and you can eat till you drop with the flat rate entrance fee and unlimited self-serve. Also if you have a huge group, they can probably seat you. I've seen a group of 30+ get seated. However, don't count on getting seated with a group that large if you come late. They don't have all the dining rooms open for breakfast.

Also, keep in mind, if you have a large group it can get really expensive, and if you get there late they may not be able to seat everyone in your party together at one table due to space. Also, keep in mind that the buffet area can be really hard to navigate at times. Take two trips if you need to to get food and drink.

I hope you enjoyed this list of the best breakfast eateries in and around West Chester. Maybe you could try one this week or this weekend. Tell me what you thought in the comments.