5 Books Perfect For Fall

5 Books Perfect For Fall

Bust out these books and campfire and you're set!

14
5 Books Perfect For Fall

Some books are just nicer read in a warm, cozy blanket by a fire with a cup of tea. It might not be winter yet, but here in England where I am it sure feels like it. Here I'm going to recommend my favourite books to read during this time of year:

1. Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo

The world that this book is set in gives me such a wintery, cozy vibe. This book is jam packed full of amazingly flawed characters, and the whole theme - a heist - for me is the perfect story for this time of year. Also, part of this book is set at 'the ice court', which gives you an idea. When I read this for the first time last October, I wanted to huddle under blankets but at the same time go on adventures and heists! If you like Russia inspired YA fantasy, or if you have read the Grisha Trilogy by Leigh Bardugo (which I also recommend), this book is definitely for you.

2. The Night Circus by Erin Morgenstern

This book is simply magical. I cannot think of any other way to describe this book. Any person of any age would enjoy this book. All throughout, the writing isn't exactly vague, but it leaves enough to the imagination to hook you in. I absolutely love the magic element in this book! It is so interesting and simply unique. Parts of this book are also set during autumn/winter, which really makes you want to have tea in a café just like Celia in the book. Highly recommend this to anyone of any age who enjoys intrigue and magic, but it's still set in our world (lots of it in Victorian England).

3. A Game of Thrones by George RR Martin

I feel like these books are classics. I have to admit, I watched the TV show before reading the books, but I'm glad I did it that way round. My love for the show finally prompted me to pick up this series - they are very intimidating! And, actually, I ended up enjoying the books more even though I still love the TV show so much! These books are definitely for you if you love high (and I mean very high) fantasy. The world can be hard to grasp, which is where watching the show first helped me. Despite all of these books being huge, it actually didn't take me as long as I thought to read them. I finished the series (well, the books that are released) over the summer, but I wish I was reading at this time of year - the cold is a perfect excuse to sit inside and read all day! The characters and plot lines are so complex and there's never a dull moment in these books, I recommend them so much!

4. The Strange Case of Dr. Jekyll and Mr. Hyde

I actually first read this book because I studied it at school last year, and I wanted to be ahead and read it before we read it in class. I think because a lot of this book is set in the dark and there are heavy mysterious, scientific themes this book is perfect for this time of the year. It is a classic when it comes to presenting duality, and it is a very short read - I read it in one sitting! It is quick paced but still manages to make you wonder what is actually going on because of the mystery. This book is a classic for a reason!

5. Clockwork Angel by Cassandra Clare

Although it was Suzanne Collins' 'The Hunger Games' that got me back into reading, it was Cassandra Clare's books that really got me obsessed and reading YA. I read The Mortal Instruments (City of Bones) first, so they will always have a special place in my heart, but I have to admit I liked this trilogy more. I first read this trilogy in around November three years ago, and have reread it every year since. The book is urban fantasy, so it combines fantasy elements with the real world - I love this type of fantasy because you can relate. It is also set in the late 1800s, which really sets an intriguing atmosphere. I feel that books set in this time frame really do fit well with Autumn/winter, and this is evident by the fact that the night circus, Jekyll and Hyde and clockwork angel are all set in these times and on my list. Highly recommend these books, especially if you're looking for a lighter fantasy or want to get into YA.

So that's my list! Obviously there are lots more, but I'd be here forever if I listed all the books. What will you be reading when you snuggle up in front of a fire with a blanket this Autumn or winter? Happy reading!