5 Back-To-College Pro Tips

5 Back-To-College Pro Tips

It's ya girl serving up some college life hacks.

87
5 Back-To-College Pro Tips
Cool Crafts

College is hard enough as it is, so it's important to have as many tips and tricks at your disposal as possible when navigating the college world. Here are some of my favorite college life hacks:

1. DIY Notebooks (and other school supplies).

So with this project, I took normal spiral and composition notebooks and decorated with printed out pictures. I blew up the picture on Microsoft Word and made it fit the entirety of the page. After printing the picture, I cut slits, cut off the white edges to make it fit the notebook, and glued it down to finish it off. I took it a step further and printed out little labels from a text bubble generator with my class names and dates. I also seek out other types of DIY projects for my school supplies on YouTube from various people; just search BTS (Back To School) DIY projects and you'll find the motherload.

2. Reusing old items for new purposes.

I use a mug and an empty Talenti gelato container to hold my pens and pencils. Also, I took a mail organizer I bought last year from Target, and put it on my wall to hold my remotes. With this, I know where my remotes are and I have a place to store my phone when I'm sleeping. Last year, my roommate and I lost our remotes to her TV and my DVD player. I also accidentally called 911 when I was asleep (I don't quite know how I did that but I did), so it helps to avoid problems like these.

3. Don't be afraid to put up anything of yours up in your room.

If it expresses who you are, do it put it up. Whether it be a dork picture of you and your squad to band posters you get from concerts to your own personal art pieces, put it up on your wall. College is where you find yourself and I know from personal experience that it's a place where you feel pretty comfortable in your own skin. Most people you will meet are pretty accepting in college. And hey you never know, someone else might see that band poster, love that band as well, and look now you have a new best friend.

4. There is no such thing as too many pencils (or school supplies).

This applies to me an awful lot because I'm an education major, so the more school supplies the better. Having extra school supplies is great for those times when you would hypothetically run out of something like notebooks or binders. It's also good to have in certain occasions when your friend needs to borrow something. I mean if you have extra pencils or pens, you can loan your friend one and not be in a sticky situation without a writing utensils. There have been many times that I have been lucky enough to find a pen or pencil on a desk that someone left from the class before that saved me when I had no writing utensils on me.

5. G O T O C L A S S.

I can never say this enough. You should always go to class. Even on those days that you really aren't feeling class or you don't the professor, still go. College is a sort of luxury that some people aren't able to obtain. Many people want to go college, but can't afford it, so they just don't go. If you are lucky enough to go to college and don't have to pay lots of money for it, still go. Think about those people who can't go, do it for them, do it for yourself. College may not be for everyone, but if you're given the opportunity, take it. And to those who pay a hefty amount after scholarships, grants, and loans (like myself), go to class as well. You pay money to go to college, so you might as well actually attend class.

I personally love my classes and learning more about my major and future career, so I go to all of them. The thought of student loan debt is another good motivator though, when you're "just really not feeling it"