5 Jolly Activities To Get You In The Holiday Spirit

Ho, Ho, Ho!

5
Unsplash

Now that Thanksgiving is over, it is officially time for Christmas. The holiday season offers so many different and fun activities that you can participate in. Here are some of the easiest ways to get into the holiday spirit.

1. Make a gingerbread house.

Making gingerbread houses is a fun holiday activity that you can participate in with all your friends. Just go to your local store and pick up a kit to make some. Don't worry if you don't like gingerbread, just decorate plain cookies. I promise it is just as fun.

2. Watch holiday movies.

It's not every day you get to enjoy holiday movies so it's time to squeeze in all your favorites. There is no short supply of holiday movies and you are guaranteed to find one you like. Personally, I can't wait to watch the new Grinch cartoon now that it is on Netflix.

3. Decorate your room.

Decorating your room is a quick way to get into the holiday spirit. No matter how you choose to decorate your room, it is sure to make you feel more festive.

4. Make a holiday playlist.

Another thing you can do is make a holiday playlist. Just like holiday movies, most people won't listen to holiday music year around. So go ahead and blast "All I Want For Christmas Is You." It's okay, we know you want to.

5. Go look at Christmas lights.

Driving around and looking at Christmas lights is one of my favorite activities to do during the holiday season. I think most people will agree that this is the best way to get in the holiday spirit. Even if you don't have a car on campus, you can still participate in this activity. So many places around campus have started to decorate for the holidays. Get your friends together and go look at the lights.