40 Things I Learned From 4 Years Of College

Not just psychology.

35
The Odyssey Online

Well, this is it, the last article I'll write as an undergrad. College has been full of ups and down, twists and turns, highs and lows, and every contradicting phrase you can think of. I didn't love every minute of it, but overall the positives definitely outweighed the negatives. So without further ado, here are some of the things I learned throughout my four years at college.

1. The friends you make your first year may not be your friends your senior year

2. Taking an 8am will not in anyway magically turn you into a morning person

3. Every event that has free food is an event you should go to

4. Changing your major isn't that big of a deal

5. On that note, no one leaves college with the same plan they thought of when they entered college

6. How to do somewhat acceptable makeup and hair

7. All nighters are unnecessary and you should never pull 7 in a semester

8. Your metabolism will slow down a bit during college

9. You're not straight

10. You can accomplish amazing things with coffee and a bit of determination

11. Dating is not that big of a deal

12. Neither is sex

13. Take advantage of the opportunities that are presented to you

14. But don't be afraid to create your own opportunities

15. Give up, there's no beer that you actually like

16. Just because your high school guy friends turned out to be dicks, it doesn't mean that all college guys are dicks too

17. In college you'll meet the best and worst people

18. And sometimes it's really hard to tell who is who

19. Everyone is broke, but there are different versions of "broke"

20. Complaining about caf food doesn't make it taste better

21. Tequila is the worst and should be avoided at all costs (unless it's in a margarita)

22. Baking in a dorm kitchen is impossible and should be avoided

23. You CAN wait till the night before to do that assignment

24. Binge watching Netflix is honestly a skill

25. Your parents are probably cooler than you'll ever be

26. People don't get more reliable for group projects in college

27. You're probably not as good at drinking as you think you are

28. Becoming an RA was definitely the most important thing you ever did

29. Everyone thinks the Dewey Decimal system is more complicated than it is

30. There are some truly stupid people out there

31. In fact, there IS a limit to how much Chipotle one can consume

32. Never, under any circumstances should you ever have jungle juice

33. Your true friends will stick with you through your worst moments and still continue to love and support you

34. Family isn't defined by blood, but by the people who stand by you

35. You never get hangovers and it's your best superpower

36. Sororities are really dumb but there are some great people in them

37. Your parents will love you no matter what

38. It's amazing how long you can go without doing laundry

39. You didn't find your future spouse but you definitely found your future bridespeople

40. I don't know if my time in college will be the best 4 years of my life, but they definitely were the best years of my life so far