40 Doable Tips On How To Conquer Stress

40 Doable Tips On How To Conquer Stress

"More smiling, less worrying. More compassion, less judgment. More blessed, less stressed. More love, less hate."
50

Everyone experiences stress and some experience it more than others. If you're a college student like me, the stress is always handed to you with your classes. If you work, your job may be the source. If you're an athlete, the timing of practices could be your reason.

Overall, no matter what type of life you're living, you most likely know what experiencing stress feels like; it happens to everyone! Whether you're stressed about an exam coming up, a huge sporting game, a musical production you're a part of or absolutely anything else, we all experience it. Stressors vary from small to large, but no matter how small a source of stress seems, it still has an impact.

Personally, being a broke and busy college student (#relatable), I don't have the time to take a vacation to destress. I have to conquer my stress day by day here on campus. This is fully possible with these small tasks; you can accomplish it too!

1. Exercise: go for a short run.

2. Read your favorite book for pleasure.

3. Take a power nap.

4. Go to breakfast, lunch and dinner with friends.

5. Manage your time.

6. Make a schedule.

7. Study in ways that work best specifically for you.

8. Get an appropriate amount of sleep every night.

9. Sing it out.

10. Dance it out.

11. Watch a short episode of your favorite Netflix series.

11. Take a walk.

12. Do breathing exercises.

13. Eat well balanced meals.

14. Limit caffeine.

15. Count to 10 slowly.

16. Do your best and be proud of your best.

17. Always welcome humor.

18. Accept that you can't control everything.

19. Keep a positive attitude.

20. Talk it out.

21. Take joy in small victories.

22. Take time to hangout with your friends.

23. Meditate.

24. Do yoga.

25. Avoid procrastination.

26. Seek support.

27. Be good to yourself.

28. Have quiet time.

29. Relax and rest.

30. Don't give up on your passions and keep time for them.

31. Don't overload yourself.

32. Ask for help.

33. Call parents/siblings/family members more often.

34. Don't worry about being stressed; it happens to everyone.

35. Only let good surround you.

36. Distance yourself from negativity.

37. Learn to change your thinking.

38. Take things one step at a time.

39. Think happy thoughts/memories.

40. Accept that nothing is ever done perfectly.

These are simple everyday tips to conquer stress. They're easy to accomplish and most do not take up a lot of time! They will hopefully help reduce spinets of stress and from personal experience, they can have an impact in the long-run. If you're constantly busy and always on the move like I am, some of these tips may even help you every single day! These little tips don't need to take up much of your time. When you're walking to class or driving to work, you can simply accomplish some of these. Don't let stress stop you from having a good time; you can do this!