39 Questions I Have For UC Davis

39 Questions I Have For UC Davis

Davis, we love you, but I have some questions for you.

55
39 Questions I Have For UC Davis
Cloud Front

Ah, good ole UC Davis.

You certainly are an interesting place. Ever since I started at UC Davis, I've developed a lot of questions, mainly why some things are what they are, why they're even some aspects of this school.

There's definitely a lot of great aspects about UC Davis, like the beauty of the campus, the thriving college town surrounding it, and the fast-paced and difficult system it runs on.

But I have some more specific things to point out about this fascinating learning institution I and 36,000 other students attend.

Such as:

1. Why did we attempt to use both Smartsite and Canvas?

2. Why did we even use Smartsite again after its major spring quarter crash last year?

3. How on earth does it make sense that one meal swipe equals to roughly $10 in the DC, but only adds up to $5 at the Silo?

4. Why are accounting services/MyBill sometimes wrongfully charging students?

5. Why is the Unitrans schedule on the UC Davis Mobile app inaccurate sometimes?

6. Is it really necessary to have construction going on around campus almost every day?

7. Why do some tour guides lead tours into bike lanes, where someone can definitely get hurt?

8. Why are there tours in general during the busiest class hours?

9. Why is Aggie Cash a required investment when purchasing a freshmen meal plan?

10. Do you honestly have to implement mandates/holds on registration for freshmen year advising appointments?

11. Why is our health insurance card on an app?

12. Why isn't anyone told that their My UC Davis password must be a certain amount of characters to fit in the kiosk and that you might have to change it?

13. Why is a water bottle at UC Davis sports games so expensive?

14. Why aren't we allowed to bring in an umbrella to Aggie Stadium since, hence, the amount of rain in Davis????

15. What's up with the "no more than one piece of fruit" rule at the DCs, yet everyone can steal as many cookies as they want? Aren't we trying to encourage student health?

16. Why do the C-stores on campus have the strict rule of not allowing you to provide your ID number if you don't have your actual card on you?

17. Why does the "eduroam" wifi not work in some places outside on campus, meanwhile we're paying for it to work?

18. Shouldn't all bills be due at the end of the quarter, not on a random pay date within the quarter after we pay for very expensive textbooks?

19. Why can't we still be granted free prints after freshmen year?

20. Why, oh WHY, did you get rid of the convenient on-campus post office, causing us all to have to go downtown to the other post office?

21. Why is the Aggie Fight song so...I don't know, annoying?

22. Shouldn't there be more "WarnME" stations on and even off campus?

23. Can there be more SafeRide vans to ensure faster pickups and drop offs?

24. Why can't SafeRide pick us up off campus at night, while it's pretty important for our safety?

25. Why can't the food places on campus be open for more hours on weekends, since students want to buy food and others want to work more hours for pay?

26. Why is the Aggie Job Link so cluttered?

27. Why must the Bike Barn be so expensive all the time?

28. Why does class registration always have to suck so much?

29. Speaking of class registration, is there any way UCD can either increase class sizes or create new class sections to ensure that all students register for what they need?

30. Is the arboretum really haunted??

31. Why do the dorm elevators have to break at the worst times?

32. Why is the bike path along Russell Blvd into West Davis so terribly and dangerously bumpy?

33. Shouldn't roads going on and off the campus be more lit for bikers?

34. Why do the non-student sales people at the MU get in everyone's faces?

35. Why isn't there a bike path that cuts through the MU instead of the path that winds around the entire quad?

36. If Gunrock is our mascot, why does UCD mainly use the cow as an image for the school? Shouldn't there be more of Gunrock at the campus stores?

37. Where did you come up with "Gunrock" anyway?

38. Why does everything have to be shut down during a break when there are students who choose to stay on campus?

39. Who built the Death Star building and what was the point in making classes so difficult to find throughout it?