It’s finally summer! And if you are in college, summer usually means more free time and that also means, it’s time to get a job. Whether you work on campus or off-campus there are a few ways to make your job suck just a little bit less.

1. Make it comfortable

Working somewhere is always easier if you can do anything to make it more comfortable for you. When I worked in dining services, I made sure to buy new soles for my work shoes. Standing for several hours at a time made those necessary. If you’re working in an office, try to find the office supplies that work for you. Try switching keyboards or switching office chairs that you may have in a storage room. That way you will be comfortable while you work.

2. Find something to read

If you’re lucky enough to work in an office, try finding something online to read. There are tons of blogs and websites in a variety of topics. Even if you think that there isn’t going to be anything out there for you, just search for a really general topic and I am sure that you are bound to find something that interests you.

3. Take your breaks

Most people will roll their eyes and say, “Well, of course, I’m going to take my break!” But make sure that you actually take your break and try to get out of whatever workspace you are in. The more you sit at your desk, the more stressed you might get just by thinking about the things you need to do while you are at your desk. If you take your break, you will come back feeling refreshed and ready to take on any tasks that come your way.

4. Make friends

Obviously, work would be incredibly boring if you didn’t have anyone to talk to. Make this an opportunity to network and make new friends. This way if you have any ideas you want to talk about or if you just want to complain about something that is going on in the office, you have someone there who will listen.

If you go through these suggestions and you still can’t make your job seem like a total blast, then keep working hard. Besides three months from now you’ll be wishing that you were at that job instead of school.