4 Traditional Cooking Utensils that Are Back in Trend

In today's time, retro is in. From fashion trends like bell bottoms and round sunnies to dedicated radio stations that constantly play classic music, we are celebrating the good old days. And this trend also extends to home décor items, especially kitchenware.

27

In today's time, retro is in. From fashion trends like bell bottoms and round sunnies to dedicated radio stations that constantly play classic music, we are celebrating the good old days. And this trend also extends to home décor items, especially kitchenware. Increasing awareness about the health benefits of traditional handmade kitchenware has encouraged several brands to make the necessary shift.

Smart and responsible customers are increasingly looking for recycled, sustainable, and durable materials for kitchen and cookware. And this has surged the demand for certain traditional cooking utensils, bringing them back in trend in a big way. Here, we will look at some of these popular traditional handmade kitchen utensils that you must invest in for a healthier living.

1. Soapstone vessels

The use of soapstone vessels, especially kalchatti is becoming a huge trend in Indian households. Made from magnesium-rich rock found in the earth, these kalchattis are well-known for preparing different types of gravies. It can retain 98% nutrients of the food cooked, which is much higher than modern utensils. Also, it cooks the food in 15% less time than modern cookware.

A lot of people are also using kalchattis to set curd as it helps to retain freshness over a few days.

2. Cast iron skillet

Cast iron skillets are also becoming very popular in regular households. This utensil is considered very beneficial for frying as it can retain heat and lend itself to healthy cooking. Besides, a good cast iron pan has a natural non-stick coating which enables you to use less oil than a regular stainless steel pan.

These skillets release iron into your food that is very advantageous. Lastly, they are very easy to clean.

3. Copper water dispenser

In olden times, our ancestors used to store water in copper containers. This had several health benefits and now, it is also backed by several scientific studies. Storing water in a copper dispenser initiates a natural purification process. It can eliminate all microorganisms, bacteria, fungi, algae, etc. present in the water, making it fit for drinking.

Copper has antioxidant, anti-inflammatory, and antimicrobial properties. When water is stored overnight in a copper vessel, it helps to neutralize toxins.

4. Clay vessels

This is another rising trend where a lot of people are opting for clay vessels for cooking or eating. The health benefits for traditional handmade kitchenware very well extend to clay kitchenware items, which help to boost immunity. In fact, many doctors prescribe the use of clay vessels for people suffering from rheumatoid arthritis.

It is said that clay vessels add several essential nutrients, such as iron, magnesium, calcium, phosphorus, and sulfur to food. Also, the aroma clay pots render to the food is simply unbeatable.

Today, consumers are becoming extremely conscious of the significance of sustainability and the ways in which it can improve their lives. Consequently, they are opting for traditional handmade kitchen utensils to boost their health and contribute towards an eco-friendly environment.