4 Thoughts We've All Had When Tuition Is Due

We're all going to experience the same pain, so why not have a good laugh through your tears

7
Third Force News

We are now in the middle of the summer and what does that mean? School and homework right around the corner? Check. Friends that you missed and contacted more than all the people you went to school with for twelve years? Check. That email telling you that your tuition bill has been released and due. Chec.....oh no.

Oh yes! If you are anything like me then the panic has set in just with one email. Whether its a big amount or small or if you have to worry about loans, the stress has set in and your mind is doing somersaults while looking at your bill. But considering that I decided I needed a break from my pain, why not write about the thoughts that are surely going through other student's heads at the moment.

1. Is this really due again?

"Oh my god. Didn't that just get paid a couple of months ago? I swear I just paid this. This is not even with the books included, lord knows that the books will cost at least half of my tuition. Do I really need this meal plan? Did I really go to the cafeteria that much to need this specific plan or did I just go to hang out with my friends?

Maybe if I just switched that to a different one and bought some really nice Tupperware it wouldn't be as bad. But then I have to go through the hassle of changing things and I am a lazy person. Wait...am I really paying this much when most of the professors just read off of a PowerPoint? Ugh."

2. Why are there so many different charges?

In some cases, you don't really think about all the things that your balance covers until you actually look at the breakdown of your bill. That is when you notice things such as athletics fees, registration fees, and medical fees. Going into college as a freshman last year I was utterly clueless and had a moment of utter confusion when I saw them.

Although this year I see them and know their necessity and that I actually don't mind the fees for things like the recreation center (because we all have to deal with the freshman fifteen), to some incoming freshman it still could be a shock.

3. Do I really need a degree?

With the beginning of high school we were all slowly being exposed to the expenses of college and that we needed to work to get as much support to continue our education. But until you get that notification of your first bill freshman year, you do not think about all the other options that wouldn't have cost this much. So, you find yourself with every upcoming semester staring at your computer, with a glazed expression, and wondering, "Why did I do this to myself. I'm not going to stop going to school, but why?"

4. Time to become a stripper

I'm a potato. I'm lazy. I hate wearing makeup. I like comfortable clothes. But at this point, might as well. (This isn't going to happen, but we've all thought it at one point or another.)

...

Even though I know many people are currently stressing about upcoming bills due to their school. I hope having a little laugh and fun, made you smile at least once today. :)