4 Reaons To Self-Actualize

It took me 20 years to realize the importance of self-actualization.

Self-actualization is basiclly the ability for one to recognize that they can grow as an individual. As simple as this seems, it is often overlooked in the daily lives of many people.

In today's day in age, it is so easy to get caught up. Social media is a perfect example. We spend way too much time comparing and trying to be better than the next person, when really the only person you should be in competition with is yourself.

But why does it matter if you have this ability? Who cares?

1. Putting yourself first.

media.giphy.com

Self-actualization is important to put yourself first. This may sound selfish, but it is the exact opposite. Being aware of the fact that you can grow as an individual is the first step to setting realistic goals. Also, WTF is so bad about knowing what you're capable of?

2. Goal setting.

media.giphy.com

Piggy-backing off of the prior reason, knowing your strengths and weaknesses is a valuable skill. It allows you to focus on the things you know you need to work on, but also let the things you know you can do shine through. Again, there is nothing wrong with showing off what you're good at. It can go a long way in the future.

3. Respect.

media.giphy.com

If anyone knows what it's like to be walked over, it's me. I was never really someone who needed much recognition or attention for accomplishments. But in all honesty, it sucks being overlooked. What I have learned is knowing what you're good at and being strong about it earns you a lot of respect.

4. Growth.

media.giphy.com

Practice makes perfect. Being consistent with anything leads to success. This goes for mental health, too. The more you take the time to reflect and better yourself, there is no way you can't get better. It is so important to take the time to do things for yourself. Your mental health and well-being should always be your priority.