4 Reasons It's Important To Be Yourself

4 Reasons It's Important To Be Yourself

You are who YOU are.

7245
123rf

In this day and age, everyone sees popularity as the way to be, it has become more important to have the most likes on instagram, or the most views on snapchat rather than having value in who you are.

People are changing to make society happy and becoming miserable in their every day lives. Why not just be yourself and be happy throughout life's journey?

John Mason once said, "You were born an original don't die a copy." Here are a few reasons it is important to be yourself-

1. You are happier.

When you aren't true to who you are, who are constantly lying and acting trying to convince those around you of this false version of yourself, it causes so much stress on both your mental and your physical self.

2. You are more confident in the choices you make.

As an individual comfortable enough to truly be yourself, you become aware of who you are. Knowing who you are allows you to make choices that are right for you and be confident in those decisions and what is to come from them.

3. You find true friends and then keep them.

When you are true to who you are, it is easier to find people you share interests with. You can have fun by doing things you really enjoy, instead of having to fake who you are and always acting like you enjoy things "just to fit in." When you aren't true to who you are, you are constantly trying to please others so they think you're cool, or popular, and you become miserable and unhappy.

4. You can establish your own identity.

As a person being true to yourself, you will be able to confidently identify your beliefs, your values, and your lifestyle. You learn what you are passionate about, what you can do with your life, what you plan to do with your life, and so much more. Identity is something everyone needs to know about themselves, if we don't we get lost in the day to day cycle of life.

Being yourself has so many perks you wouldn't believe. I promise if you try, you will like it AND have a better quality of life.

YOU WERE BORN AN ORIGINAL, DON'T DIE A COPY.