4 Products For The Person Looking To Start A Skincare Routine

Skincare has become a new fad, and you should jump on it.

74
Skincare is the new makeup.
Photo by Noah Buscher on Unsplash

As worried as I am about my skin and maintaining a clear complexion, I have tried numerous products over the years. Unfortunately, many of the products we see advertised on television and media didn't work for me. I have had many products that caused breakouts and irritated my sensitive skin. It took a bit of research to find out what my skin really needed in order to be healthy. This is what I've found works for me:

1. Neutrogena Fresh Foaming Cleanser

Amazon

I know, pretty obvious, right? Not just any face wash is going to make the cut, though. You should be aware of the ingredients in your face wash. Look out for fragrances, chemicals, or alcohol as these can be irritating. Also, try to avoid exfoliants such as salicylic or glycolic acid, which can be very drying on the skin. My go-to is Neutrogena's Facial Foaming Cleanser as it is very gentle on my skin.

2. Neutrogena Alcohol Free Toner

Amazon

Toner is a great way to remove any impurities in your pores after you wash your face. Special toners can also help with evening out any uneven tones. However, alcohol-based toners are not good for your skin at all. Although it may seem like they remove a good amount of dirt from your skin, they are stripping the skin of its natural oils completely. I use Neutrogena's Alcohol-Free Toner. Just dab a small amount onto a cotton ball and use light strokes up!

3. La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer SPF 30

Amazon

Adding a moisturizer to your daytime skin routine can reduce your chances of having extremely dry or oily skin. Moisturizer reduces the appearance of other blemishes, fights wrinkles, and ultimately helps your skin stay young. Look for a moisturizer with SPF in it to protect your skin from the sun. UV rays lead to premature aging and wrinkles. I recommend La Roche-Posay Toleriane Double Repair Face Moisturizer SPF 30.

4. Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Facial Moisturizer

Amazon

You might be wondering how a night cream is all that different from your daytime moisturizer. Certain night creams promise to deeply moisturize the skin as you sleep. I like to look for anti-aging ingredients, such as retinol, that increase your production of collagen. I like to think its better to start treating wrinkles before they happen instead of waiting until they do. My go-to is Olay Regenerist Retinol 24 Night Facial Moisturizer. I immediately noticed a change in the smoothness and hydration of my skin.

These four products can jump-start your path to taking better care of your skin. It is crucial to find a routine that works for you and to be consistent with it. Remember that what works for someone else might not work for you. Be optimistic and open to trying new things!