4 Healthcare Software Development Trends You Need to Know About

Virtual meetings with your doctor will be popular even after the pandemic

3

The year 2020 has shown how vulnerable and overwhelmed the health care system can be during high stress. And suppose there are weaknesses in this system, such as the coordination of management systems, the lack of a good database, and a weak data security system. In that case, they will suffer in the first place during a pandemic or other waves of disease.

Statista shows according to the data, the number of hacking/IT incidents on healthcare data has significantly increased from 2014 to 2020, amounting to 403 data breaches in 2020.

To successfully fill these gaps in the system, healthcare providers need to rely on the right partners to help them harness the power of technology. It is essential for you if you are a healthcare business owner.

Today, leading healthcare companies are looking for IT partners and are actively interested in custom software development.

In this article, we'll look at five top trends in healthcare software development in 2021.

Telemedicine

Telemedicine has been developing for several years, when suddenly, in 2020, due to a global pandemic, it became especially in demand. If you cannot visit offline institutions and need a distance, telemedicine services will be incredibly in order.

Forbes writes that telemedicine has evolved patient care and experience through accessibility by bringing AI to the edge, which was invaluable for treating Covid-19 and curbing its spread.

Virtual meetings with your doctor will be popular even after the pandemic - they have become a convenient solution to common problems for both patients and doctors.

Augmented and virtual reality

The use of AR and VR in medicine has also been developing for several years. Currently, VR and AR technologies are being used to create realistic surgical training programs, treat stress disorders, and more. Another great example is the implementation of virtual reality to render scanned images of the lungs to be viewed from different angles.

Internet of Medical Things (IoMT)

Combining the advancement of the Internet of Things with telemedicine and telehealth technologies has created a new Internet of Medical Things (IoMT). This approach involves the use of a range of wearable devices, including ECG and ECG monitors. Many other standard medical measurements can also be taken, such as skin temperature, glucose levels, and blood pressure.

Wearable technology

Wearable devices and applications for them are becoming more popular and in-demand today.

The use of wearable devices reduces the risk of hospitalization, prevents disease development, and enables doctors to monitor patient's health online. Thanks to smartwatches, smart glasses, unique bracelets, and more, you can keep track of your health indicators yourself.

Healthcare organizations are also accelerating the adoption of self-management solutions for patients with chronic conditions, thus optimizing their budget.

Conclusion

Events in world history such as a pandemic and large waves of morbidity often push the development of medicine to new brilliant solutions. It was no exception and this time when the world was faced with a severe disease that had not been encountered before.

It is not possible to pay attention to trends in the software market and their impact on healthcare.

Anyone who wants to have a successful business in the healthcare sector should understand that going with time today is more than a trend - it is a necessity.

Author's bio: Anastasiia Lastovetska is a technology writer at MLSDev, a software development company that builds web & mobile app solutions from scratch. She researches the area of technology to create great content about app development, UX/UI design, tech & business consulting.