4 Goals For A Final Year

4 Goals For A Final Year

The Past Is Behind Me And My Future Is Bright
6

Today is the beginning of the end. I walked onto this campus as a scared freshman, unsure of where God would lead me in the years ahead. And I step outside onto the sidewalk today with the realization that I have one year left. One year left to make an impact, to explore, to adventure, and to learn about where God will continue to guide me as I leave this campus and this community come May. It's a terrifying thing to think about, the future is so unknown and uncertain. But, I am excited and ready to venture onward, sharing my passions, gifts, and love for Christ with the world.

But, I still have one year left and He isn't finished with me yet. So, I want to share 4 Goals I have as I enter into the final stretch.

1. Have confidence, no matter the circumstance.

I hope to go into this year with confidence. Confidence in who I am and where I am going once I leave this place. I know I won't be able to do it on my own. So, I'll lean on Christ. I'll go into this year confident in who God is and because I am confident in God's love, I will lean on Him as I may lose sight of my confidence throughout the year. I will be confident in who I am in Christ because His love covers me, no matter the circumstance.

2. Be bold and daring.

This year is the time to be bold and daring; to adventure into the unknown with joy and ambition. I've been known to hold back, because of fear or uncertainty, but this year I wish to experience moments of insane courage. I hope to experience a year where I am bold and daring in all circumstances.

3. Dream big and with an open mind.

I am going to be brutally honest. I've spent a good part of my time here at Judson afraid to dream big. I came in with certain goals, hopes, and dreams. But somewhere along the way I lost sight of them. I lost confidence in my dreams and I closed my mind off to opportunities and chances. I go into this year with a new understanding. An understanding with myself and with God that I will dream big, because through Him, all things are possible. So, I'll dream big. I'll live this year with an open mind and heart, ready for God to take my big dreams and use them to further His Kingdom.

4. Lead with hands and heart wide-open.

This year I have the pleasure to be apart of University Ministries here on campus and I am so excited, but in all honesty, I am also extremely nervous. But, I've come to the decision to lead with open hands this year. I lay my hands out, with palms up and I say, "Lord, take it all. Use me this year to make an impact and to share your Grace with others." I also come ready to lead with an open heart. I know it will be difficult, but I want to be vulnerable this year. I want to be authentic. I want to share with others my passion and my heart, with the hopes that maybe just one heart will be impacted, not by me, but by God speaking through me.

So, today marks the beginning of the end. But, I have one year. One year left to make an impact, to grow in confidence, and to be amazed by what God does through me as I go into my Senior year.