4 Easy DIY Masks For Everyday, Clearer Skin

Don't want to spend money, but want clear skin? These masks will do the trick.

442

Acne sufferers all around the world know the daily struggle of trying to achieve the clear, blemish-free face they have always desired. They also know attaining clear skin comes at a cost. (Those trips to the dermatologist are not cheap!) These DIY masks will help you skip the trip to the dermatologist and attain the clear skin you want while saving money.

Disclaimer: For each mask make sure you do a test patch to make sure your skin reacts well with the ingredients involved.

1. Bentonite Clay and Apple Cider Vinegar

This mask will help make your pores shrink, clear your acne, and leave your skin super smooth! Bentonite clay aids by pulling out all the toxins your face contains while apple cider vinegar restores acidity on your skin while killing bacteria and removing excess dirt, oil, and dead skin cells. Bentonite clay, also known as Aztec Secret Indian Healing Clay, can be found in stores or online and apple cider vinegar could be found at your local supermarket.

This mask is also super easy to make! All you need is one teaspoon of the Bentonite Clay and one teaspoon of apple cider vinegar, but make sure not to use a metal bowl or spoon while combining the two products because metal does not make the clay as effective. Use the spoon to apply the mask to your skin and leave it on for about 20 minutes. After, rinse the mask with water and your face might be red as a tomato, but do not be alarmed this just means that there is blood circulation occurring on your face! After a few days your pores will be smaller, your acne will begin to vanish, and your skin will be silky smooth.

2. Potato Juice, Lemon Juice, and Pomegranate

This combination may seem odd, but it works wonders. If you have discoloration, this mask is for you! It will fade your dark spots, while reducing your acne in a week. Potatoes, which has a high concentration of vitamin C and vitamin B, helps with collagen production, skin regeneration, and skin damage. Lemon juice, known for its high acidity, kills bacteria, dries out pimples, and also gives a healthy glow, while pomegranates help with blood circulation in your body. All these products could be found at any local supermarket near you.

This mask may take a little more time to make, but its worth it! Take your potato, peel the skin, and then grate it. Add your grated potato in a blender along with a half a cup of pomegranate seeds, and a tablespoon of water. Take the mixture out of the blender, pour it in a cup, and take half of a lemon and squeeze it into the cup containing the potato and pomegranate mixture. Pour the mixture into an ice-cube tray and place it in the freezer for 6 hours (if you do not have an ice-cube tray you could apply the mixture directly to your face). When the ice-cubes have fully formed, rub them on any areas where you have discoloration. You should do this two times per day and within a week you will see a difference in your skin! If you are using the mixture directly on your face, keep it on for 15 minutes, and wash it off with cool water.

3. Yogurt, Honey, and Turmeric

This mask will make your skin look clearer, brighter, and feel smoother. Yogurt has properties that moisturizes, brightens, and evens out skin, while honey helps aid aging skin and has properties that will make your skin glow. Turmeric is considered the holy grail of skin care for many communities and helps even out skin, and is shown to be effective to soothe and heal wounds. You could buy turmeric in different places such as Walmart, Whole Foods, or many Asian stores, and yogurt and honey could be bought at your local supermarket.

The steps to making this mask are super simple and easy! While making this mask make sure you get powdered turmeric, raw honey, and plain or Greek yogurt. Take one teaspoon of honey, one teaspoon of turmeric, and one teaspoon of yogurt and mix it all together in a bowl. Apply the mask using a brush or your hands (make sure they are clean!) and let it sit on your face for about 20 minutes. After washing your face with water, your face may be stained due to the turmeric. If this occurs, apply some olive oil on the stained sections and it will help get rid of most of the stains. If you do this mask often, your skin will be glowing and acne-free!

4. Brown Sugar and Coconut Oil

This mask is a natural exfoliant that leaves your skin feeling super smooth and moisturized. Brown sugar is strong enough to scrub away dead skin cells and also helps to brighten up your skin and give it a natural glow. Coconut oil brings hydration to your face and will leave your skin feeling super smooth and moisturized. You can buy any of these products at your local supermarket.

To make this mask all you need is two tablespoons of brown sugar and two tablespoons of coconut oil. After you mix the two products together and apply it on your face, leave it on for 10 minutes and then rinse. You will immediately feel how soft your skin feels!

Although these masks will help your skin immensely, remember you must eat correctly, drink tons of water, and clean your face at least twice a day to achieve the best skin possible for you! Go on and create these masks so you feel beautiful and confident with the results you have achieved with your skin!