4 Books You NEED To Read This Summer

4 Books You NEED To Read This Summer

A summer reading list of epic proportions.

8
4 Books You NEED To Read This Summer

Seeing as summer has officially begun, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to share some excellent novels with all of you. From, mystery to romance, these novels have it all!

1. Everything, Everything by Nicola Yoon

This novel was recently turned into a film, and has all of the components of a must-read summer novel. The story revolves around 18 year old Madelaine Whittier, a girl who has never set foot outside of her house... Weird right?

Well, Madelaine has a rare disease called SCID. Basically, her immune system crapped out on her. For as long as she can remember it's been just her mom (who is also her doctor coincidentally), her nurse, and Madelaine herself. She has never had a real friend, or romantic relationship for that matter, until a boy by the name of Olly moves in next door. Madelaine and Olly are instantly curious about each other and begin talking via text message and email, as for what follows, I shall let you discover that for yourself...

2. Soul Surfer by Bethany Hamilton

I am throwing it back with this novel, as it was turned into a film back in 2011, however, this novel is extremely underrated. I first read this back in middle school and it has been one of my favorites ever since! This novel centers around Bethany Hamilton, now a professional surfer, and the true story of how she lost her arm to a shark while surfing near her home in Hawaii.

This novel gives readers an idea of what Bethany was thinking and feeling at the time of her tragic accident. Through all of the pain and sadness, Bethany never wavered in her faith in God. This story is a must read for girls who love Jesus and the ocean.

3. Nerve by Jeanne Ryan

There seems to be a common theme with these novels, as Nerve was also brought to life on the big screen back in 2016. However, this novel isn't your typical summer read, and that is why I love it so much! This novel revolves around a young girl named Venus, Vee for short. She lives in Staten Island, NY and usually is content to live her life in the background.

One day though, Vee gets tired of her average life, and signs up to play Nerve, a game of dares. The game is broadcasted online for the entire world to see, and for every dare completed you get a cash reward. Vee gets partnered with Ian, and they quickly gain attention from watchers (those who play to watch the players complete dares). However, the dares begin to get more and more extreme... Does Vee have what it takes to win? Find out for yourself in this action-packed novel!

4. The Hundred Lies of Lizzie Lovett by Chelsea Sedoti

Now this novel was not turned into a film, so I am breaking my streak with this one. This novel is a bit of a murder mystery mixed with a little (ok maybe a lot) of romance. The story is about a girl, Hawthorn, and her search to find out the truth of what happened to Lizzie Lovett, a girl that disappeared while camping in the woods with her boyfriend.

Lizzie Lovett went to the same high school as Hawthorn and her older brother (who is the same age as Lizzie) and Hawthorn is determined to find out what happened to her. Hawthorn wasn't the biggest fan of Lizzie (unlike seemingly everyone else in their small town), however that won't stop her from investigating her disappearance. Intrigued? Find out the truth about Lizzie Lovett in this mysterious novel...

I could go on and on about dozens of books you should read, but these are just a few that I think y'all would enjoy this summer. Happy reading! :)