365 Day Snapchat New Years Resolution

365 Day Snapchat New Years Resolution

A year full of look backs and memories.

87
365 Day Snapchat New Years Resolution

New Year's Resolutions; We all have them. We make them for many different reasons. Maybe you want to lose weight, or quit smoking or something else. Yet, sadly, just 8 8 percent of Americans achieve their resolutions. I know I'm one of those people who usually gives up in the first week of January on my resolution. So last year when NYE was coming up and I started to hear about resolutions, I started to think about one that was realistic. I wanted one that I could keep and reflect on at the end of the year. As I started to think hard about one, I ruled out weight loss and similar resolutions as fast as I could. It was something that wasn't for me and something I knew I'd give up on.

I knew I loved cameras, my iPhone, pictures and looking back on memories. I wondered if somehow I could incorporate them all into a new year's resolution. After thinking for a while, I came up with making another Snapchat account and sending daily snaps to it so I could send a video or picture of something cool. I would include the date of it and a caption. Going on vacation, first day of school, Bid Day, etc. Something rememberable that I could see and reflect on that I did that day (even if it's Netflix in bed all day, ha). At the beginning of January, I'll log back into the account (which I haven't done since last year) and watch all of the pictures and videos that sum up each day of the year.

As I sit here at the end of it and think about it, I question how this past year went by so fast. It seemed like a few days ago I was starting this resolution that has turned into something that I might do every year now. It's a simple and fun resolution. It's realistic and something you'll be able to look back on the memories when watching them at the end of the year. Teens and young adults are glued to their cell phones and to Snapchat so it's not like you would forget to send one or get bored doing it.

So when thinking about New Year's resolution's, consider this one. It doesn't cost anything, you'll actually enjoy doing it, and at the end of the year you can look back at some of your fondest memories of the year or things you did that you felt were important to you. It's never too late to start this, too. This is the first time I've finished a New Years resolution and ya know what? It feels pretty great to say that you've finished something and kept it up the whole year.

So when you make you New Year's resolution(s) think outside the box and make it fun like how I did mine.