35 Ways To Be Happy

35 Ways To Be Happy

Choose happiness.
33

It isn't easy to stay happy and positive when life gets tough. Here are some ways to keep up the fight for happiness.

1. Being happy is a choice.

2. Do more of what makes you happy.

3. Give compliments.

4. Perform random acts of kindness.

Helping others feels good.

5. Learn to recognize negative thoughts...

6. ...and replace them with positive ones.

7.Cut toxic people out of your life.

Don't associate yourself with negativity.

8. Learn to forgive those who have hurt you.

Embrace the healing power of forgiveness.

9. Let go of the past.

10. Keep your eye on your long-term goals.

11. Focus on your blessings rather than your shortcomings.

Appreciate what you have; don't harp on what you don't.

12. Smile.

It's scientifically proven that smiling, even fake smiling, makes you feel happier. The same goes for frowning; it makes you feel sad. Make the constant effort to put a smile on your face.

13. Laugh as much as possible.

Not only does laughing make you feel good, it burns calories!

14. Happiness is a lifestyle.

Not a mood. Don't just feel happy in temporary moments. Make the choice to be happy every day!

15. Don't let other people get you down.

The only person in charge of your happiness is you.

16. Don't rely on others for your happiness.

17. Rid yourself of hatred.

Whenever you find yourself thinking or saying that you hate something or someone, pause. Revert to positivity.

18. If you don't have anything nice to say, don't say anything at all.

You get out of this life what you put into it. Resist the urge to be negative.

19. Treat others the way you want to be treated.

20. Live in the moment.

Don't beat yourself up over the past, or stress yourself out about the future. Live for the here and now.

21. Don't seek out happiness.

The more you chase happiness, the more it will allude you.

22. Create your own happiness.

A happy life is up to you.

23. Don't seek approval from others.

No matter what you do, someone is going to disagree with you. Live your life the way you want to live it. Don't waste time worrying about what others think.

24. Seek self-acceptance.

Learn to accept yourself for who you are.

25. Stop worrying about things you cannot change.

26. Help others.

27. Feel no regrets.

Even if you do harbor regrets, don't let them drag you down.

28. When something upsets you, ask yourself if it will matter five years from now. If the answer is no, let it go.

29. Be kind. It's contagious.

30. Don't lose sight of what is really important in life.

32. See the good in everything.

Don't focus on the negative when there are so many good things in life to be happy about.

33. Make the best of every situation.

34. Change your "why"'s to "why not?"'s.

35. Have faith.