32 Things I Learned About Myself During Quarantine Also I’m Still Not a Feminist and That’s Ok

So I saw a thing on Twitter

620
Chani Corpus

We talk about how much we took for granted before corona came and kicked us all in the gut and said, “F**k you, your happiness, your health, your friends, your education, your campus and everything else that made you feel like a real person." I miss going out with my girls, going to the gym and feeling those endorphins kick in, getting my favorite salad and iced latte, going to classes, etc. I've learned a lot about myelf during quarantine and basically everything I've learned is that this sucks!

1. I can’t find a show on Netflix or Hulu to get addicted to 

You don’t want to know how many pilot episodes I have watched.

2. I have done more ab workouts in the past month than I have in my entire life

They only last like 10 minutes... but still.

3. My favorite thing to eat for dinner is chocolate chip pancakes 

They’re dairy and gluten free so it doesn’t count right?

4. I can run maybe a mile max

Running is not my thing.

5. I spend hours on Tik Tok

I don’t even wanna talk about it.

6. I can rewatch Grey’s Anatomy over and over 

Seasons 6-8 hit differently.

7. I think Twitter is tired of me tweeting

Sorry, not sorry.

8. I refuse to watch Tiger King

I literally don’t care.

9. No, I didn’t like Ozark 

Not a Jason Bateman or action movie fan.

10. Cereal is a solid meal any time of the day 

Choose your fighter. Mine is Special K Vanilla Almond

11. Watching end of the world movies calm me 

Because, hey, it could be worse.

12. April is the best month in 2020 for new music 

Dua Lipa AND Jessie Reyez? Thank you.

13. I miss the gym more than anything

Leg press... I think I have feelings for you.

14. Iced coffee is NOT an iced latte 

Yes I can make bomb iced coffee at home, but I miss that $6 iced latte from my favorite coffee place.

15. Turns out, online college classes are not optional

I am back home AND have to take classes online?? Awful.

16. Overpriced drinks suddenly sound so appealing 

I would pay $10 for a vodka soda right now if it meant the bars could open up again.

17. I miss dropping it low with my girls

I need to dance and I don’t want to do it alone.

18. I need social interaction or I might die

No, I’m not being dramatic.

19. Surprisingly I tried Jeanette Jenkins’ 600 calories in 60 minutes workout

I took breaks throughout but surpringly it toned my body into shape real quick!

20. I love my mom, but living with her this long may kill me

Whoever lives with more than one person, be thankful.

21. Why do I have to live in a cold state 

I see all these TikTok videos of girls working out and running outside in the sun... must be nice! I haven’t seen the sun in three days.

22. To students who have motivation every day— how

I wake up ready to go back to bed.

23. I somehow have managed to not have pizza yet

I’ve cut out dairy the past three months but all I want is pizza!!

24. Salads at home are nothing like salads from Forage

I miss my campus salad place more than anything.

25. People really still be hanging out with their friends huh?

Excuse me, I want summer PLEASE stop.

26. I miss the guy from college I’m not dating 

Life really just wants me to be alone forever, huh?

27. As a binge eater, this is torture 

I’m anxious and stressed so all I want to do is eat everything, but I literally can’t eat anything without thinking of how many calories and carbs it has.

28. No matter how many Zoom yoga classes I sign up for, I will not go

One of my favorite parts of yoga is disconnecting from everything and relaxing, but with my computer right there I don’t feel that disconnect.

29. A queen bed is not as comfy as a full bed with two people

If you know, you know, and I am sorry for all of us.

30. Yes, I will dress up to go to the grocery store

If I’m sacrificing myself to get food for me and my mom I might as well look good doing it.

31. I will never be Tik Tok famous

I still learned the Savage dance though.

32. I need to go back to college I miss it so much 

Friends, going out, coffee, the gym, good food, in-person classes ugh.

Kidding, I am a feminist and that's ok! Shoutout to @postgrad_barty for the inspo. https://twitter.com/postgrad_barty/status/1249088296434704386?s=21