31 Ways You Know You Went To Blue Ridge

31 Ways You Know You Went To Blue Ridge

"If you go to Blue Ridge, why are your colors red?"
13

Blue Ridge School District where the colors are blue and white and the class numbers are small. If you went there, it was an experience that you will never forget, even if you want too. People may make fun of small town high schools, but they will never understand how close a school district can be, and how many weird traditions they may have.

1. Badminton tournament. Enough said.
  2. Painting the rock senior year.
  3. The senior parade through New Milford, Hallstead, and Great Bend.
  4. Three Words: green hot dogs.
  5. Pizza every friday.
  6. Getting out an hour early every Friday and being crushed when they took that away.
  7. That one teacher who enforced the dress code just a little too much.
  8. Having to travel too Susquehanna just to watch football games.
  9. Wanting to beat Susquehanna in every sport except for the sports we had to combine.
  10. Having to wear the Empathy belly.
  11. Dreading having to take the fake baby home.
  12. The insane amount of snow days we USED to get.
  13. Knowing everyone in your graduation class.
  14. You still know every word to “We can light the candles” from the Sharing Parade.
  15. Being stuck behind a tractor on the way to school isn’t a strange occurrence.
  16. The parking lot never being plowed when it snowed so everyone just parked wherever.
  17. Having to sprint if you had class in the dungeon.
  18. No one understands when you say that kindergarten through 12th grade is in the same building.
  19. Field Days were always intense.
  20. The art room was the place to hang out.
  21. Having to have your agenda signed to go anywhere.
  22. Those tiny middle school lockers.
  23. Your teachers probably had your parents as students, and definitely had your older siblings.
  24. Injuries in Steal The Pins were not uncommon.
  25. Dreading The Pacer Test and trying to do anything to get out of it.
  26. Never remembering what day it was since we were on a six day cycle.
  27. You will forever have Fifty Nifty United States stuck in your head.
  28. The excitement of getting a new kid.
  29. Hating when you had to have practice in the "little gym."
  30. Those insanely long and very intense graduation practices.

Saving the best for last..

31. "If you go to Blue Ridge, why are your colors red?"