31 Thoughts Heard In A College Student's Head On The Daily

"I think I'm hearing things."
418

I like to think of college as the ultimate test of sanity, but also the greatest trampoline launchpad to success. At this point in my life, I am living with my best friends surrounded by a few thousand other students who also call this campus their home. That being said, I see new faces every 10 seconds, meet new people every hour, and learn so many new things every day.

As I make my way across campus, these are some one-liners that I, a college student, find myself thinking about every day.

1. "Uhm, 8 o'clock already?"

2. "I wonder what it's like to not climb a ladder in and out of bed?

3. "Welp. Hat and bun day it is."

4. "Who could possibly be making that much noise at this hour?! Oh my GOODNESS."

5. "Starbucks is the move. Extra shot of espresso? make it two."

6. "Wait, I only have how many dollars left on my meal plan? I guess I'm going to starve all of April."

7. "Aw, her laptop stickers are cute. We should be friends."

8. "Really glad I bought that textbook for it to collect dust on my shelf. Cool."

9. "OK, but HOW is that guy wearing shorts?! It literally feels like -2°F right now.

10. "I think my tears are frozen."

11. "I should have taken the shuttle."

12. "Mashed potatoes and chicken chunks at the dining hall? TIME TO FEAST!"

13. "Maybe I'm overshooting how cold it is outside. One coat should do."

14. "Nope. Needed that coat."

15. "Hit me with your car and pay for my college."

16. "Maybe I'll go to the gym tonight."

17. "Eh. Bachelor is on. Can't miss that."

18. "Oh yes, sorry, I'm going to be sick that day."

19. "I should've gone to school in the Carolinas."

20. "Why do I feel so busy but also feel like I have so much time?"

21. "Starbucks? Again? OK, cool."

22. "One. More. Class."

23. "I'm going to punch my advisor for telling me to take a 6 o'clock class."

24. "Study abroad is SO expensive. I'm just trying to travel the world."

25. "To order Panera or to not order Panera?"

26. "OK, but why is the room above me hosting a Zumba class or something?"

27. "Oh my gosh, I've already been here for six months."

28. "Oh my gosh, I've only been here for six months."

29. "LOOK, MA! I think I got the hang of it! I'm doing the college thing!"

30. "I miss my mom."

31. "No, seriously. How do you college?"