My Friend And I Are Wearing Pink Every Day This Month To Spread Breast Cancer Awareness

1 Color. 2 People. 31 Days.

448

While my friend Ryan and I do believe in supporting breast cancer awareness all year round, October is always special. In addition to the pink converses and pink baseball hats, Ryan and I normally wear, we are stepping it up this year in choosing to wear an article of pink every day. If that wasn't enough, we are going to try and wear the same pink shirts when we can! #TwinningToSaveTheTwins

For me, breast cancer stole from me before I was even born. My grandmother was diagnosed with breast cancer in her mid-fifties. She chose not to take on any treatments and wanted to live out the rest of her days happy. That was October 1989 and I was born November 1992.

It left me without a grandmother and left me with the "always there in the back of your head" worry. I would worry about my family, friends, myself, and the kids I may have one day.

In regards to Ryan, He wears pink for a lost friend, Angie. Angie passed away in May 2017, she was a dear friend, mother, and she lived her life to the fullest with a great big smile. Ryan wears pink in hopes of spreading awareness and education.

Just yesterday Ryan was stopped by a stranger and asked what all the pink was about. Ryan kindly explained that October is breast cancer awareness month. The stranger proceeded to thank him and said he too would get some things pink and help spread the word.

To honor our loved ones, to remember the women in our lives that are no longer here, and to support every single current battle we are wearing pink. I hope to draw attention, instill awareness and show some love. Be supportive, be proactive and be aware.