31 'Classic' Must See Halloween-ish Movies

31 Must-Watch Halloween-ish Movies To Watch Now That It's Basically Halloween

As soon as August ends, it's like Halloween is next week, right?

114

So were in the month of September, which means it's basically Fall and Halloween already right? I mean, especially since Pumpkin Spice Lattes are back, and grocery stores already have Halloween candy on their selves, we're well into the Fall season.

With Fall, I don't think you can ever have too many movie marathons whether it be a good old classic or a new scary show. Top that with a bowl of popcorn, a bag of your favorite candy, and some friends (or just yourself, we love self-care) and yourself for a good night! I think Fall gives you the perfect excuse to cozy up in bed with a fuzzy blanket and just indulge yourself with scary movies.

Of course, what better way to jump into Fall than with a carefully articulated list of movies that are completely and totally binge-worthy now that it's September and basically, Halloween?

I've left you with a full list of 31 movies, one for each day (or a couple for one week), to hopefully hold you other through the month of October.

1. "The Shining" (1980).

Your typical family is hired to take care of a resort in the winter after the father thinks it would be smart to earn some extra money. What the father doesn't know is that the owner failed to mention that the resort was (obviously) haunted. Slowly but surely, the haunting falls back on the father himself.

2. "Carrie" (1976).

A young girl in high school gets bullied for her family situation, only to be pushed to her breaking point after the popular kids go too far.

3. "Halloween" (1978).

After a young boy grows up in a mental institution after witnessing a tragic event, he escapes only to terrorize the world around until when? We still don't know.

4. "Friday the 13th" (1980).

After camp counselors are warned of the woodsy area, there not only proven wrong but also proven to be in danger after they are stalked by a brutal killer.

5. "The Omen" (1976).

A family loses their unborn child only to adopt another boy, who they are warned creates evil acts shown to be the Devil. Against the family's beliefs, they carry on with the adoption only to face terrible repercussions.

6. "Poltergeist" (1982).

A family to what they think is a nice, quiet neighborhood only to find mysterious things happening after the daughter goes missing. Through the search of their daughter, the family finds out their house is built upon an ancient burial site.

7. "Casper" (1995).

Casper is your friendly neighborhood ghost who peacefully haunts the family mansion, only to fall in love with a human. You can't really expect a relationship to go smoothly when you can only see half the relationship, right?

8. "Halloweentown" (1998).

After growing up feeling different than the world around her, Marnie soon finds out she's a part of a family of witches only to discover the alternate universe around her, Halloweentown.

9. "Hocus Pocus" (1993).

After accidentally freeing a coven of witches, a group of kids must work their magic with the help of a cat, to steal the witches' book of spells and stop them from becoming immortal.

10. "Harry Potter" (2001).

A young boy learns on his eleventh birthday that he was orphaned by two powerful wizards. Not only does he learn the truth about his life, but he learns all the powers he's able to hold and what his true gifts are.

11. "Monsters Inc." (2001).

In a world where monsters exist, their daily lives are spent scaring children to earn energy. When Boo escapes from the human world, things don't go as planned.

12. "Monster House" (2006).

No adults believe three young kids after they are sure it is haunted and alive. With Halloween approaching, the kids must find a way to destroy the haunted house before trick or treaters become the treats themselves.

13. "The Nightmare Before Christmas" (1993).

The movie that falls right in between a Halloween and Christmas movie, "The Nightmare Before Christmas" occurs after Jack accidentally stumbles on Chirstmastown learning the new creations of life. Jack quickly learns even the best plans can go awry sometimes.

14. "The Great Pumpkin, Charlie Brown" (1966).

An ultimate classic, what more can I say about Charlie Brown and his great pumpkin adventure?

15. "Scream" (1996).

One of the only scary movies that manages to be a horror and a comedy, Scream follows the story of a group of high school students who are frightened and stalked by a masked knife maniac who pushes the kids to their breaking points.

16. "Paranormal Activity" (2007).

Filmed in a way where no one knows if this movie is real or fake, "Paranormal Activity" follows the lives of a family where things go awry slowly but surely.

17. "The Sixth Sense" (1999).

When a young boy finds out he has the ability to see ghosts, he finds that he's too scared to tell anyone about his visitations sure, that more problems will evolve. He must work together with his psychologist to uncover the truth behind his supernatural abilities.

18. "Twitches" (2005).

After two twin sisters reunite for their 21st birthday, they must learn to use their witch powers together in order to save their kingdom from the forces of evil and darkness.

19. "The Addams Family" (1991).

A con artist plans to fleece an eccentric family while using an accomplice who claims to be their long lost uncle. Obviously, not everything goes according to plan.

20. "The Haunted Mansion" (2003).

After a workaholic father is accused of neglecting his children, he takes his family on a vacation, stopping along the way at a mansion he is asked to sell. He quickly discovers that the mansion is haunted having to recruit help in breaking the curse.

21. "It" (1990).

Only arising every 27 years, a group of young kids must work together to face their biggest fears as well as their biggest nightmares to battle the murderous, horrifying Pennywise.

22. "Beetlejuice" (1988).

After a couple dies in a tragic accident, they find themselves to be stuck haunting their last house, unable to leave when a new couple buys the home and move in, the deceased couple works together to haunt the living and get them out of their house.

23. "Corpse Bride" (2005).

When a couple set to have an arranged marriage find themselves actually liking each other, the soon to be husband finds himself dragged to the land of the dead. Dragged to the dead by who? It was his long-lost lover who wanted to marry him originally after being murdered. He must find a way to get back aboveground before the soon to be wife gets married off to someone else.

24. "The Entity" (1982).

After a single mother is attacked by an invisible force, she begins therapy only to have her psychiatrist believes her traumatic past is motivating her to commit self-induced injuries, rather than any supernatural being. She later invites two friends to stay one night and after seeing the ghost in action, they both agree to help her defeat her unforeseeable attacker.

25. "Childs Play" (1988).

After being gunned down by a detective, dying murderer, Charles Lee Ray, uses black magic to put his soul inside a doll. A doll in which a younger boy later buys, only to realize after a death that the doll is alive, but is it too late?

26. "Nightmare on Elm Street" (1984).

Freddy Krueger is a disfigured midnight killer who preys on teens in their dreams which, come to find out, kills them in reality. After investigation of this occurrence continues, Nancy is starting to figure out the dark secret to these happenings. But can Nancy solve this puzzle before it's too late?

27. "Amityville Horror" (1979).

When a small family moves into what they think is the perfect house, they realize quickly that their new home is too good to be true. After finding out that their former tenant murdered his family and supposedly being possessed by the devil, they believe their home is haunted and must find help to get rid of such evil spirits.

28. "Saw" (2004).

Two strangers awake in a room with no recollection of how they got there, soon to discover that they are pawns in a deadly game perpetrated by a notorious serial killer.

29. "The Conjuring" (2013).

After a family moves into a house that they are warned about being haunted by a darkened past, they believe it isn't true. But through manifestations that are subtly small at first, dark events soon escalate quickly, especially after finding out the horrifying history of the old family's home.

30. "Practical Magic" (1998).

Two sisters who were born into magic, have done a good job of avoiding their witchcraft altogether. But after one of their boyfriends dies unexpectedly, the sisters work together to learn a crash course on magic. You can't really expect things to go smoothly and unnoticed when you're trying to wake the dead, can you?

31. "Pet Semetery" (1989).

After the tragedy of a family's pet cat, they bury the deceased pet behind the home of their house, in which a terrible power of life after death is held. When tragedy strikes again, the threat of that power soon becomes undeniable.

And alas, the end!

I hope with all of this, you are at least set with a few interests to hold you over and get you in spirit for the Halloween holiday season. I would hope that most of these aren't new classics to your movie dictionary, nonetheless they are all a must see.