30 Unusual Signs You Grew Up In A Small Town

You want to hate it but can't.
92

Everywhere you go in life someone is bound to ask you this one question "Where are you from?" What I say is "I am from White Pigeon, MI." Then they give you this confessed look. Then you have to explain " It's a small town about 2 hours from Chicago, close to the Indiana border, in the middle of nowhere." So here are 30 signs you too are from a small town.

1) Everybody knows everybody, and their business.

2) Your town had a bowling alley. That's it.

3) You basically name every person in your graduating class, and their GPAs.

4) A bonfire is always a good idea.

5) The closest Walmart is a minimum of 20 minutes away.

6) You've been to a barn party.

7) You are somehow related to half of the town.

8) When you go to college, the college is 3 times the size of your hometown.

9) The closet mall is minimum of 30 minutes away.

10) You wait all year for your local town festival.

11) Teachers know your siblings.

12) You don't have to tell the doctor your family history, because he already knows.

13) Football was the biggest thing in your town.

14) Everyone knows your name.

15) You've been on a hayride.

16) You graduated with less than 100 people.

17) There is/was a Root Beer stand.

18) Every Fall there was a homecoming parade.

19) Your teacher has called you by your siblings name.

20) You've been stuck behind a tractor.

21) You have MAYBE one or two stoplights.

22) People recognize you because you look like your parents.

23) Hunting was a good excuse to get out of school for the day.

24) Waving at everyone you see on the road is a normal thing.

25) You don't share secrets cause in your town there is no such thing.

26) New kids were always a fantasizing new thing.

27) Rumors spread like wild fire.

28) Your teachers most likely taught your parents.

29) Muddin' is a normal weekend hobbie.

30) You want to hate the place so much, but all in all, it was a great place to grow up.