30 Productive Ways To Procrastinate
Education

30 Ways To Procrastinate That Don't Involve Watching Netflix All Day

You can be productive while you procrastinate.

118
Girl day dreaming while studying

Procrastination is the devil on every college student's shoulder whispering "the paper's not due until the end of the semester, you have plenty of time to do it", and though we know we shouldn't listen, most of us do.

Procrastination disguises itself as the well-deserved relaxation we could really use, but in actuality, procrastinating adds so much unnecessary stress to our lives.

Avoid procrastinating whenever you can, but when you do find yourself putting your school work off, do something productive in its place. This way, when you finally buckle down and get to work you won't be stressed about the small stuff that quickly adds up to a mountain on your to-do list.

So instead of watching Netflix all day, here are 30 productive ways to procrastinate.

1. Make a list of all the things you need to do

Even if you don't do them, at least you'll know what you have to do.

2. Clean your room

This will definitely make you feel better about avoiding that midterm paper!

3. Clean your apartment 

A clean home is a happy home.

4. Do laundry 

How can you be a productive college student if you don't have clean clothes to wear?

5. Go to the gym

Endorphins make people happy and will distract you from the impending stress that's building deep down.

6. Take a shower

Especially if you've just worked out, this is a must.

7. Blow dry your hair

Always a time consuming activity.

8. Go to the grocery store

Because you're not you when you're hungry, and if you go to Target you're guaranteed to be in there for a while.

9. Lay out by the pool

This may only work depending on the season or where you live, but working on your tan is always justified.

10. Delete emails

I have about 6,000 unread emails, and deleting them is something I've been putting off for years.

11. Clear random photos off your camera roll

13. Update your profile pictures and cover photos on social media

14. Re-vamp your resume 

Because you care about your future, even if you don't care about your sociology assignment.

15. Rearrange the furniture in your room 

Work on that feug shui.

16. Iron your clothes

This is a last resort kind of procrastination, but very satisfying.

17. Rearrange where your apps are on your phone

Phone shui?

18. Call your parents 

They miss you!

19. Call your Grandparents 

They miss you too!

20. Make a Spotify playlist 

Study jams anyone?

21. Text your friend something nice 

Remind them how great they are!

22. Add important dates to your calendar

Because you don't want to forget when the assignments you're purposefully putting off are due.

23. Make plans for the upcoming week

24. Pick out what you're going to wear to class tomorrow 

25. Make a new Pinterest board

It's never too soon to plan your wedding.

26. Post on LinkedIn

Show those employers all the great things you're doing!

27. Meal prep

It will save you time during the week!

28. Online shop

Not good for your wallet, but good for your soul.

29. Volunteer

You definitely won't feel bad about putting your assignment off if you spend your day giving back!

30. Write an Odyssey article or read an Odyssey article 

Highly recommend this one!

Even though you didn't do any of the assignments you were supposed to do, you can sleep soundly knowing that at least you did all of these other things!

Really though, you'll save yourself a world of stress if you stop procrastinating.