3 Ways to Jazz Up Thrifted Clothes
Beauty Fashion

3 Ways to Jazz Up Thrifted Clothes

From hand-me-down to stylish.

14
3 Ways to Jazz Up Thrifted Clothes

Looking for ways to stay on trend but on a budget? Heading to your local thrift store is your answer.

If the words "thrift shopping" make you cringe, don't let that deter you from trying it. Sure, you might have to sift through piles of clothes with questionable stains and odd rips and tears but you'll be surprised at what you will find.

What if I said you could find pieces from designers such as Calvin Klein, J. Crew, and Steve Madden? As long as you're willing to search for them, you'll outfit your wardrobe with designer pieces in no time.

But what happens when you find the perfect piece but unfortunately, it has a tiny tear? It fits you like a glove and it's your favorite color---that shouldn't prevent you from buying it.

That's why we'll go over a few ways on how you can jazz up thrift clothing. Take a look!

Add Embroidery

Embroidery is a quick and easy way to breathe new life into old clothes. To make it even better (and trendier), add embellishments like pearls and spikes around the yoke and shoulders of a top.

For jeans, you can add them on or around the pockets. If you're unsure of which type of material to choose, opt for denim. It's sturdy and durable.

For embroidery, all you need is a needle and thread! You can even learn how to embroider words and images onto clothing.

Add Trim

A simple way to cover minor rips and tears is to add sequined trim. There are a variety of styles to choose from which makes it a great way to add some personality to your clothes. You can add trim that's colorful or muted, even ones that have fringe.

As long as you have a sewing machine, adding trim is definitely doable. Sewing by hand is also doable but it might take you a while to finish it.

Create Cut-Outs

One trend that's still in style is cut-outs. All you need to create this fad are scissors. Easy, right?

You can use a stencil or freehand a pattern onto a shirt. Use that as a guide to then cut out the fabric.

If you're going for a geometric pattern, be sure to leave some space in between each shape. This is to ensure your pattern won't stretch and eventually rip.

For added fun, once you have your pattern cut out, add another fabric behind the open space. It's an easy way to add a pop of color or a cool print for added interest.

Heading to your local thrift store will soon become your go-to place as long as you know how to alter clothes. With these simple and easy ways to jazz them up, you'll be even more excited to go thrifting.

Now you know how to add embellishments, trim, and cool cut-outs. This way, you can add your own spin to already great clothes and you'll have people asking where you got them from!