3 Steps to choose the perfect tablecloth

When it comes to updating your kitchen or dining table on a budget, it has no more effect than a new tablecloth. The table is the centerpiece of the room and what to change the cover will instantly transform the entire room.

4

Tablecloths in deep colors in winter, such as burgundy and navy blue, give off a cozy and familiar feeling. The lighter colors such as lime green and pure white will give the room a much fresher, more spacious environment that is perfectly consistent with the summer. You can also use themed washable tablecloths for children's birthday parties for an extra special holiday lunch, or Christmas table covers to create a festive atmosphere.

Tablecloths can be purchased or exchanged for any number of reasons, but regardless of why you are shopping for a new table cloth there are some basic factors to keep in mind to make sure that you make the right decision.

The size of the tablecloth

Very important, before you get to the stores or on the Internet and start browsing the fabric or PVC table covers, you need to know the measurements of the table that you are going to buy for. Tablecloths are made in a wide variety of shapes and sizes, and will not look good if they do not fit the table, so always measure the table exactly, do not guess. Two different tables for six people can be very different sizes.

Grab a measuring tape and write down the length and width of your table. The best thing to do in two centimeters and inches is how some manufacturers will only show one unit of measurement in their containers. Also make sure that you consider the shape of the table, be it square, rectangular, oval or round. A tablecloth designed for a round table may not seem fair on an oval table, and a tablecloth designed for a rectangular table will have extra work done to it to reduce the size if it is purchased from a square table. If you are going to buy tablecloths for an event, such as a wedding, be sure to call the place and ask for specific measures.

You will also want the tablecloth to hang down over the edges of the table. This is much more aesthetically appealing, will protect even the edges of the table and also helps keep the tablecloth in place. Add at least 20 centimeters inches to each dimension, for example, if the table is 70 centimeters wide and 150 centimeters long do not buy tablecloths of less than 110 centimeters by 190 centimeters. The longest is the best, as tablecloths can always be cut to size if necessary.

Fabric, color, and texture of the tablecloth

Next, you have to decide which fabric you want to opt for. There are many different materials to choose from, ranging from the very cheap to the very expensive. At the end of the spectrum are the PVC tablecloths, which, despite being cheap, are not of low quality. In fact, they are the best option for most people and situations and have significant advantages over cloth tablecloths even though it costs less.

PVC table cloths are coated with a thin layer of vinyl that makes them completely waterproof, so any spills simply sit on the surface and will not be absorbed and damage the board below. This makes them quick and easy to clean, too. Thanks to the development of the printing laser these washable tablecloths are available in a wide range of colors and patterns, including both modern and traditional styles.

Used tablecloths

PVC tablecloths are the perfect choice for a day-to-day dinner, or for a special event, such as a birthday party. For more luxurious matters, such as a wedding you may want to opt for satin, silk or velvet. These fabrics are stained and are much more expensive to buy or rent, but their opulent appearance makes them the perfect choice for an elegant or elaborate occasion. If you are going to buy tablecloths for your home you may want to buy more than one. For example, you can buy a simple print but enough for daily use and a more expensive cover to entertain the guests.

If you follow these 3 steps when buying tablecloths you are sure to find the perfect one to meet your needs. If in doubt, opt for PVC tablecloths, as they have numerous benefits and are among the cheapest tablecloths on offer so if you change your mind, you will not have lost a lot of money at all. However, these washable tablecloths are, without a doubt, the best option for anything that involves children thanks to its hard to damage, easy to clean nature.