3 Simple Activities to Enhance Your Sex Life
Wellbeing

A sexual approach to everyday activities...

171

DISCLAIMER: I am not a doctor...yet. As of now I'm only a self proclaimed doctor so any serious questions you have about sexual health should be consulted with a physician. These are just my own personal tips for improving sex life :)

EXERCISE/YOGA

Usually one of the hardest parts of sex for some people is simply just letting go and fully being in the moment, especially when you're at a point in your life when you have so many different obligations. I myself am heading into my last semester of undergrad so my schedule regarding school has only gotten more and more occupied. Now I have to apply to grad school soon while trying to maintain a solid GPA, juggle extra-curriculares, AND still try to enjoy my last semester of college with my friends. The semester hasn't even started yet, and I already feel overwhelmed. However, if there's anything that helps me get more in tune with my body and mind, it's exercise. Exercise is known to increase your blood flow naturally and increase sexual function in men. In addition to that, the more you exercise the better you'll feel. Your self-image will help you feel more desirable which will ultimately lead to better sex. If you don't like doing typical exercises at the gym then yoga is always another option. Even if you don't envision yourself at an official yoga class everyday, you can at least incorporate stretching into your workout routine after you've warmed up your muscles. Not only is yoga convenient because you literally don't even have to leave your bed to do it, but it increases flexibility and helps connect your mind and body simultaneously. Below are some specific poses that enhance your sex positions and overall technique:

Cat Cow pose...this stretch specifically increases coordination as well as increase flexibility of the neck, spine, and shoulders. It's also arguably the most famous variation of the doggy style position.

Puppy Dog stretch...this is similar to the Cat Cow pose, but a bit more advanced considering you get a further stretch in your spine. Practicing this pose will certainly help mastering that perfect arch in your back.

The Firefly...those who are usually on the bottom during missionary may not feel as excited in that position because the person on top controls the range of motion. This pose at least allows you to show off your flexibility, impress your partner by creating an interesting view, and allow deeper penetration.

Bridge Pose...this pose strengthens your core and pelvic muscles. During sex this can be a great way to establish dominance while your partner is on top because you can grab their waist and thrust from underneath, taking complete control of the speed and motion.

Half Plank...this will enhance core strength as well as upper body strength which will especially come in handy if you're having sex standing up in a tight, public space like a closet or bathroom stall in which you may have to straddle your partner or be the one straddled.

BRUSHING YOUR TONGUE

This is pretty self explanatory, but you can totally test out how well your gag reflex is by brushing your tongue. Don't stick your toothbrush all the way down and end up gagging forreal, but you can gradually go further and further back with your toothbrush at a pace you feel comfortable with. Practice this every time after you brush your teeth and you'll eventually notice an improvement in how much you can take.

ADDING MACA POWDER TO YOUR DIET

This Peruvian herb ultimately increases energy and sex drive. At first I thought it was just a myth until recently when I saw a tweet of someone saying that maca powder made their sex drive go through the roof. Being the curious person that I am, I decided to do a little research. Though there aren't many studies done to test this, the few that have been done supported these claims that people have indeed noticed a moderate increase in sex drive due to maca powder. As soon as I learned that, I went to the nearest Vitamin Shoppe, bought some maca powder, and began to put 1-2 teaspoons of maca powder in my smoothie everyday. I can honestly say that it has made a difference up to the point where I'm shocked that my friends haven't told me to shut up from talking about it so much lately.

However, consuming maca powder consistently can result in weight gain. Many YouTube videos I've seen of women giving their personal thoughts and reviews have said the same thing about their increase in sex drive and change in weight. Luckily, most of these women have stated that the weight gain has gone to their breast, highs, and butt. I personally have noticed that my breasts have gotten slightly bigger. Having said that, where someone gains weight may be heavily influenced by genetics. I come from a family of women who naturally have larger boobs and butts so there's no surprise to me that that's where my weight has been going lately. Another thing to keep in mind is that maca powder also increases fertility. So ladies, if you're not trying to get pregnant then please DO NOT skip a day on your birth control pill or be flaky with any other form of contraception. Fellas, if the fact that maca powder increases your sperm count scares you then use a condom during sex or at least make sure your pull out game is damn near perfect.

It may take up to a few weeks before you even notice an increase in sex drive so don't be discouraged if you put it in your smoothie and don't feel any different after just one day. The key to maca powder and it's correlation to sex drive (as well as the other activities listed in this article) is consistency!