3 Reasons Why You Should Sleep Naked

3 Reasons Why You Should Sleep Naked

Swap out those pj’s for your birthday suit
112

Let's be honest ladies and gents, pajamas are everyone’s favorite outfit. Not only because you can still wear your camp and high school t-shirt with those fuzzy pants from 8th grade, but also it’s ridiculously comfortable and officially starts your bedtime routine. Since you were a youngster, you were taught to brush your teeth, put on your pajamas, and go to sleep. But, recent studies have found that going to sleep naked is actually better for you. Sleeping in the nude can help you lose weight, improve your sleep, and boost your self-esteem. But don’t fret; you can still wear that cute pajama set that you got for Christmas for a pajama party!

Shed belly fat: Not wearing pj’s to bed can increase your metabolism and promote fat burn. When your body is cold, your metabolism works harder to keep you warm. The harder your metabolism works, the faster you burn fat. Also, a stress hormone called cortisol can impact your appetite and energy levels. A decrease in cortisol helps you feel energized for the morning. But high cortisol makes you feel hungry when you wake up and crave fatty foods like muffins, pancakes, and waffles.

Sleep like a baby: As you sleep, your body temperature naturally declines. But, if you wear pajamas, you can interrupt this process and wake up in a damp puddle of sweat. Wearing clothes to bed disrupts your sleeping cycle and prevents your body from properly regulating its temperature. Sleeping naked gives your body the ability to cool down, thus letting you fall deeper into sleep.

Feel confident: Sleeping naked instantly makes you feel sexier and helps you get comfortable in your own skin. Spending time naked makes you get accustomed to your own body. The more time you spend naked, the more comfortable you become, thus boosting your confidence. Also, while you gain sleeping naked boosts your self-esteem and confidence, it also boosts the possibility of sex. The lack of clothing and skin-to-skin contact increases the likelihood of having sex with your mate.

If these reasons aren’t enough to persuade you to sleep naked, also consider that sleeping naked is more comfortable, decreases stress, saves money, and is healthier for your “downstairs.” So take off those worn out flannel pants and junior variety t-shirt from 10th grade volleyball- its time to put your birthday suit on.