3 Quick Books To Reach Your 2017 Reading Goal

It seems daunting, but it's doable!

At the beginning of each year on Goodreads, I place a reading goal based on how many books I think I can read. This year, the number was very low; only 15 books! Still, life has a way of making it impossible to find time to do the things you want to do. I'm here at the beginning of December with 12/15 books staring back at me. It's daunting, yes, but after finals, my free time can be devoted to finishing my goal.

I can imagine this has happened to you if you've ever set a reading goal for yourself. And if you're anything like me, you take this as a challenge. Three books in one month? That's totally do-able. If you don't think so, I'm here to suggest three books that short and sweet.

1. Bone Gap by Laura Ruby

Although this is a book that I've already read and can't use for my 2017 reading goal, I found this book to be a very quick read. "Bone Gap" is one of those books that is better going into without knowing much about it. It's strange and speculative nature will keep you turning the pages!

2. The Buddha in the Attic by Julie Otsuka

While this book is the shortest on the list, it's also the most complex. I've read "When the Emperor was Devine" by Julie Otsuka, which was equally as short and compelling. Don't underestimate her writing; although it is quick to read, it will leave you thinking long after you're done.

3. The Upside of Unrequited by Becky Albertalli

This is another book I have yet to read, but imagine is going to be an easy, entertaining book. I read "Simon vs. The Homo Sapiens Agenda" by Becky Albertalli in one sitting, so I can see myself doing the same for this book. Her young adult, contemporary novels are easy to get into and quick to finish.