3 Necessary Hacks For Staying Productive In A Zoom Classroom

I know it's hard, but try these three steps to increase your Zoom attention span.

12
homeschooling-5121262_1920.jpg
Pixabay.com

Living in a virtual world is tough. We're faced with new challenges, and we're forced to be flexible and adapt to a new set of rules and mode of learning. Social interaction has been completely remodeled to include a virtual aspect that did not exist to this extent previously. We are faced with new challenges such as a new work-life balance, productivity issues, and a shortened attention span. To combat these issues, specifically for those participating in virtual schooling classrooms, try these hacks to increase your productivity in a virtual world.

1. Hide self view 

A big distraction for me on Zoom is watching myself mirrored on the screen. I know this might come across as vain, but honestly, I have never been in a scenario where I am watching myself participate in class. It can be really distracting and exhausting to constantly wonder if you look 'normal' over Zoom. To solve this issue and increase productivity, try the 'hide self view feature' by clicking on the three dots that appear when you hover over your face.

2. Keep your camera on 

Although it is helpful to hide your self view, this is not meant to encourage you to turn off the screen during a video call. Instead, try to make an effort to always have your video turned on. This way, you will be less tempted to go on Tik Tok or scroll through Instagram.

3. Sit at a desk 

I know this is challenging, especially living the dorm life, but it is important to mimic a regular classroom setting as much as possible. Although this might seem next to impossible, try to make an effort to sit up straight and sit at a desk while you're in virtual class. Doing class from your bed is tempting and comfortable, but is contributing to your short Zoom attention span.