3 More Quick Books To Reach Your 2017 Reading Goal

Have you reached your goal yet?
13

Last week I wrote an article about 3 quick reads to reach your 2017 reading goal. Since I still haven't met my own goal, I figured it would be a good idea to publish another article with three more additional quick reads! These may be books you've seen on my recommended lists before, but that's likely due to how strongly I recommend them. Especially those quick reads!

1. All The Crooked Saints by Maggie Stiefvater

If you've read Stiefvater's "The Raven Cycle" series, then you know that her books are hypnotizing and intriguing. She does a fantastic job at immersing readers in a new world. Her new book, "All the Crooked Saints" is shorter than "The Raven Boys," but has that same mysterious, magical vibe.

2. Cinder by Marissa Meyer

While "Cinder" is the first book in "The Lunar Chronicles", it's a short and immersive read. (I have a theme, this time!) She explores an interesting universe that combines sci-fi with fairy tales in a unique way. The chapters are fairly short. Overall, this book is easy to read on a lazy day or a day off, and I highly recommend it. You'll be so eager to finish the series, I even recommend having "Scarlet," the next book in the series, on your shelf for when you're finished.

3. Nimona by Noelle Stevenson

Although "Nimona" is a graphic novel, I don't think it's any less valid to count it as a book. "Nimona" is a fun story that has a lot of backstory and dialogue; enough that it has a full arch and leaves you thinking. This, for me, makes me less wary to add it to a book list. Normally I avoid adding manga or graphic narratives toward my reading goal, but there are a few special ones that I will count. If you're looking for something that's funny, unique, and overall just a good time, I recommend picking up "Nimona."