3 Main Things People Tend To Forget About Being In A Soroirty

Too srat for you.

30
Brooke Cutchen

We are not just here for the parties and no, we aren't "buying" our friends. When most people think about a Sorority they think: big parties, frat boys, and preppy (mean) girls. Well, I'm here to tell you that it's not what your stereotypical mind is thinking. Here are 3 main things people forget about being in a sorority:

1. Support

College can be hard, especially when you're so far from home or maybe you're like me and stink at making friends. The amount of endless support you receive from not only sisters, but sometimes alumni really makes you look at the "Greek Life" differently. Whether it be a personal problem, with school, or maybe you just needed a shoulder to cry on you can literally text any sister and they will try their best to comfort or help you. You really don't find friends like that throughout high school.

2. You Can Be Yourself

When you rush, you're scared of acting yourself because you still have that high school mentality that you want to be the coolest, want to be in the top sorority, and with the prettiest girls, or the sorority that everyone talks about. The fact of the matter is if you're going through recruitment and you find yourself not truly acting like yourself while talking to a sorority then that sorority isn't the one for you. When you do see yourself happy and not afraid, you'll really surprise yourself on what you can accomplish and how confident you can become when you have 200 plus girls by your side.

3. You Get To Make A Difference

I personally belong to the sorority, Kappa Delta and our two main philanthropies are Prevent Child Abuse America and Girl Scouts of America. Through the chapters across the country, we've raised over 21 million dollars for Prevent Child Abuse America. We also get to be hands on with the Girl Scout community and show them what one day they might get to look forward to and how our chapter has inflicted confidence in each and every now of us. So not only Kappa Delta, but all sororities have different philanthropies and have different charities and different events.