How People's Energy Can Affect Your Mood

Ever felt someone's happiness rub off on you? Or their negative energy make you feel as if you should distance yourself from them?

2843

Have you ever been to a coffee shop, or restaurant, and encountered someone who’s having a bad day? Maybe it’s the cashier, or the guy in front of you might be yelling at his significant other through the phone, causing a ruckus. Yet, somehow, the rest of the room is silent all of a sudden. Well, my theory for that is something many of us can relate to. It’s the way we subconsciously interact with one another in a way that is neither physical nor verbal; it’s the cycle of giving off and picking up on energy! If we go back to my example of the lady yelling at the phone, we know that she is most likely angry. And because he is angry, this causes the rest of the people in the room to feel the energy of his anger, and thus stay silent. Energy can be good or bad, depending on the person who’s provoking it. Though I understand that some people may reject these views, and I completely respect that, I will brush up on a few interesting facts I noticed through encountering other people’s energy.

You can sometimes predict how a person feels about you based on their energy's charge when they're around you.

As odd as this may sound, sometimes you can determine whether or not a person likes you, depending on the charge of their energy when they're around you. For instance, if you are out to lunch with a friend whom you're not so close with, and she keeps giving you awkward stares, or nodding her head "yeah" all the time, or is silent, you can infer that she is uncomfortable around you. It may not be an accurate assumption, but in this scenario, we get the idea that this person’s dull energy signals they she may not like you. Thus, if you are on the receiving end of that negative energy, you might want to steer clear of their path.

When a person’s attitude towards you changes, their energy can sometimes be an explanation

Have you ever had a family member, classmate, or co-worker switch attitudes with you in a heartbeat? At first they were completely friendly/bubbly with you, and then all of a sudden they are distant? And you hardly understand why? Believe it or not, sometimes your gut/instinct picks up what happened without anyone ever telling you. For example, let’s say your best friend at school is always laughing with you about that episode of Family Guy. She texts you all throughout your day, and you have your complete trust in her. Suddenly, the next day at school you see her with a group of other people whom you don’t know. Then when you walk up to her and greet her, but things are not the same, and the vibe has changed, and there is tension lingering. You notice that she’s being antsy around you, and a tad secretive. Based on her abruptly change in "vibe" or energy, you can assume that she’s been around someone who spoke badly about you behind your back. And sadly enough, they may have sucked her into the drama against you. Some people may perceive this phenomena as coincidental, but I certainly argue that the probability of assuming accurately lies partly on the energy that you feel around others. If that's the case, wait until the tension cools off then talk to her about it when she's alone.

You often feel a person’s energy when you first meet them, and whether that vibe is good/bad will determine whether or not you will like that person

Imagine being in the elevator one day, when your day is going horribly, and the weather is bad. Your phone is about to die, and you’re on your way home from work, but you forgot your charger at the office at work. You become tense, and stiff. You are currently heated, and three seconds away from entering the angerzone, when a woman walks into the elevator. She’s wearing bright colors and smiles at you. Let’s suppose she goes as far as asking you how your day is going. All of a sudden, you may feel a vast change of emotion. You might go from angry to happy, or at least relieved. The friendly, energetic, optimistic vibe/energy is rubbing off on you from this woman, causing you to become more enlightened. Even if it’s a slight “hello”, or a “have a nice day”, her bubbly nature can draw you to her, and you may even want to become friends with her. This is not to say that all human emotions and relationships are based off people’s energy, but most of the time a person’s energy may affect you and your relationship to them. If the energy is positive, take the chance and get to know them!