3 Deep Thoughts To Twist Your Mind Into Knots

It's about how, not why.
322

From black holes to the simple concept of faith, what human knowledge confines itself to is through shared experiences. As science has proven, through direct observation can we truly understand the meaning of mechanisms of the universe. Thus, learning seems self-explanatory, right? But how can the process of thoughts be explained? Where do they come from? How are they produced? These questions rule the utter existence and foundation of human understanding, so what is the true answer? No one knows, but philosophical theory may help explain.

1. How are new ideas created, if what you know is limited to what your brain already knows?

In other words, where do our thoughts initially come from? How did we derive these innate ideas while using reason to back them up if our brains do not have the capability to produce thoughts? Ultimately, the brain is a messenger that transfers signals to the rest of your body that allows each and every part to function correctly. Like the Law of Conservation of Mass states, all mass is neither created nor destroyed; therefore, our brain can neither create nor destroy neurological synapses on its own.

2. How can science be deemed correct, if what humans understand is seen through a third-dimensional perspective

Before the Scientific Revolution in Europe, most rational thinking and reasoning was derived from the Roman Catholic Church, which used scripture as a justification for the things seen on Earth. As we began to move away from religious ideals and toward secularism, knowledge was accepted through empiricism instead of rationality. This presented the numerous reforms and theories, such as those of Kepler, Galileo and Newton which have influenced modern science. However, if a divine creator truly created the universe, all mechanisms of the universe would understandably processed from a fourth dimensional view. Because humans do not have the capability to understand the fourth dimension, how can the knowledge we know from science be truly correct?

3. How are we able to understand each other's reasoning, if we are each separate entities?

Human minds supposedly develop on their own, deriving the only traits we all know from our parents through genetic combinations. Then, if all human knowledge is disconnected even from birth, how is it possible to understand the same languages, see the same colors and taste the same flavors? Can we know for certain what other people are tasting is the same as what we are tasting? Thus, this supports the idea of a interconnected thought system in which thoughts exist outside our physical body, allowing for our ability to grasp onto the reasoning of others and coming to a shared conclusion within society.