There Is More To Astrology Than Your Sun Sign

Find out what all the other planets are trying to tell you.

13
Photo by ActionVance on Unsplash

There is so much to know about astrology, way more than just your sun sign; Scorpio or Aquarius. Each planet tells us a little bit about ourselves. From our temperament to learning styles to how we like to communicate. Recently I learned how to read a birth chart and have discovered a lot of truth from what it has to say. Let me tell you what all the planets will convey and see if you're interested to find out more about yourself.

About the Sun 

It is our basic personality, identity, ego, and consciousness. It describes how we see ourselves. It indicates how we can best feed our spirit and the unhealthy patterns that we are prone to.

What the Moon tells us 

It represents our inner psyche and emotional nature. Showing us how we actually are. It rules our instincts and vulnerability. It also tells how we receive and support the ones we love.

What the Ascendant tells 

The ascendant is known as the rising sun, comes from the ascendant from the sun to the moon. Tells how others see you. it describes our outermost layer and what people's first impressions of us are. It is an indication of our outer traits and elements of our personalities. Giving an idea of how we show up in our daily lives, how we relate to coworkers, acquaintances, and friends.

What Mercury tells us 

This planet rules the mind, communication, and intellect. Indicating how we speak, learn, write, and reason. It can also show subjects that you are likely to study.

What you'll learn from Jupiter 

It is known for being the most joyful planet. It sheds light on what we will have an abundance of, how we will expand our horizons, what we will have good fortune with, and even our style of humor.

What Saturn shows 

Referred to as the planet of obstacles, responsibility, and ambition. It forces us to grow by handing us adversity. But also proves that the places that we struggle are our gifts, and by overcoming obstacles they become the strengths.

What Mars highlights to us 

Is the embodiment of our physical energy. From how we show aggression to our sexuality. It also reveals things about our drive and temperament.

What Venus tells us 

Rules creativity, femininity, love, and pleasure. It indicates what relationships you'll be drawn to, how you'll manage wealth, and even what aesthetics you'll like. It tells how we like to attract others, how we charm people, and how social we'll be.

What Uranus tells us 

Shines a light on your intuition, energy, and revolution. It is the cause of the great awakenings, that jolt us out of complacency, through sudden change and sometimes chaos.

What Neptune shows us 

Known for spirituality and healing. It helps us connect us to life's invisible layers. It dissolves all boundaries revealing our infinite nature.

What Pluto tells us 

Believe it or not, Pluto is the most powerful planet in astrology. It rules death, rebirth, and transformation. It reflects our struggles, passions, and metamorphoses.

There is so much to learn from astrology. Whether you already believe it in or you think it's bogus I encourage you to look up your birth chart and find out what it has to say. I think most people will be surprised by how spot on the results are and will want to know more. I would recommend using cafeastrology.com to look up your birth chart and that webpage will tell you the rest.

I received my information from Juliana McCarthy, in her book 'The Stars Within You'.