29 Ways You Know Your Dad Is THAT Dad

29 Ways You Know Your Dad Is THAT Dad

Yeah, he's probably a very weird man, and is the stereotypical dad, but you gotta love him.

88
29 Ways You Know Your Dad Is THAT Dad
Stephanie Therrien

Dads are a different type of species on this planet, I swear. They do the weirdest things possible but for some reason it's acceptable because well they're a dad. Dad jokes, your dads style, the way he even says hello, all totally weird af. However, at the end of the day you still have to keep them around because we'd be lost without our weird dads. But, is your dad THAT dad? Here's how you'll know...

1. He leaves his phone on loud at any and all school events which it needs to be silenced for. And yes, it will ring once, if not twice during the event. And yes, everyone stares.

2. He's most likely wearing his white socks a little too high, and may even get offended when you call him out for it.

3. Does he have license in electricity, plumbing, carpeting, etc.? Nope, but here goes home project #29483904 courtesy of dad.

4. Snowblowers may make him happier than mostly everything.

5. Lawnmowers' are also a personal hobby of his, because for some reason he finds enjoyment in yard work, i don't know how or why.

6. He attempts to embarrass you to the fullest extent, especially around boys.

7. His dad jokes are A1, but only to him.

8. When you go shopping, he finds somewhere to sit and you don't see him again until you need him to buy you something.

9. When he does swipe his credit card for you, he typically says something along the lines of "I hope you take care of me in the nursing home one day."

10. He uses weird hand motions that only he perceives as cool. Should I tell him the "rock on", and peace sign is out of style? Nah.

11. There's a 100% chance his summer outfit includes jorts.

12. He probably has the biggest iPhone possible because he "can't see" the texts on his other ones.

13. If you call him and don't leave a voicemail, there's no chance of receiving a call back.

14. He thinks that he's a "grilling master" as if cooking on a grill is really a huge challenge.

15. When the family goes out to dinner and you get the bill, he'll open it as he says "whats the damage."

16. He always falls asleep on the couch but when you confront him he'll probably say something like "I wasn't sleeping, I was just resting my eyes."

17. Does your dad own the pair of flip-flops with the beer opener on the bottom?

18. The phrase "dad runs on Dunkin" most likely has came out of his mouth numerous times.

19. He is the designated bug killer and when he sees the bug he always say "THAT " implying you're over reacting.

20. I am positive he's either worn his sunglasses on the back of his head, or has a sunglass necklace holder.

21. If you ever make fun of his style he'll probably mention how comfortable he is.

22. Watching him try to type on a laptop is actually cringe-worthy.

23. He's probably killed at least one of your animals accidentally. Remember that cat that ran away when you were 5?

24. There's a good chance that he gets the single couch in the living room, because it's "his."

25. There's an equally good chance that if you try to tell him it's not he'll say "oh really did you pay for it?"

26. He has a facebook, but no he does not know how to use it.

27. When he takes a picture, he probably holds his arms all the way out and takes a half step backwards, I'm not sure why.

28. He probably doesn't greet people with a simple hi, it's gotta be a "howdy." And no, I'm not from the south, and neither is he.

29. No matter what, he's your go-to guy and you can't help but love him for his weirdness.