29 Things In College Scarier Than Halloween

Ghosts seem better than this.

111

Being in college is a living nightmare every student has — get ready to relate!

1. Syllabus day.

A bunch of rules you're expected to know for the semester or even the whole year.

2. Welcome week.

Meeting a bunch of strangers that they expect you to be friends with.

3. Icebreakers.

The cherry on top of Welcome Week.

4. Tests.

Always were scary, are scary, and always will be scary.

5. Class registration.

You stress out only to realize you will get the least ideal schedule year after year and there is nothing you can do about it.

6. Textbook prices.

Books are expensive considering the number of times they are actually used by students.

7. Realizing the Starbucks line is too long.

You need coffee but can't compromise study time for coffee.

8. Running out of coffee.

How are you going to stay up now?

9. Finding out the dining hall is closed.

Why are you paying so much if you can only eat at the oddest hours of the day?

10. Finding out your favorite restaurant is closed.

You made the walk to get real food, and now you can't.

11. Tuition.

Are scholarships a myth?

12. Student loans.

Just thinking about how much money you owe the bank after graduating gives you goosebumps.

13. Student debt.

And after all those loans, tuition, and other prices, you are broke right out of college!

14. Wifi outages.

Whether you want to finish that assignment due in 2 minutes or watch Netflix, it's an inconvenience either way.

15. Eating alone in the dining hall.

It's nice sometimes but can you really do it every day while staying confident?

16. The roommate.

Whether it's meeting your roommate or living with him/her...

17. Community showers.

Sharing a shower with your whole floor, and having the water change the color of your hair. There is nothing good about it.

18. Making your own appointments/phone calls.

You have to adult now and make sure you're doing things right.

19. Alarms for 8 A.M. classes.

Nothing worse than hearing that alarm go off before the sun is even out.

20. Oversleeping.

Whether you fear oversleeping or whether it happens, it's no fun.

21. Not finding a seat in the library.

You just want to sit down and do your homework- it's all you want.

22. Your grocery store receipt.

Who knew food and toilet paper was that expensive? And why?

23. Running out of food.

No explanation necessary.

24. Group projects.

When your professor says "I'll be choosing your groups" *shiver*

25. The freshman fifteen.

*Checks weight every day to watch for a single pound*

26. Not being able to go home.

Whether you can't catch a flight or have events planned on campus, it's always scary to think you'll be stuck on campus longer than you need to be.

27. Choosing a major.

What do you want to do with your life in less than 4 years???

28. Walking to class.

You're on the opposite side of campus and had to be in class 7 minutes ago.

29. Any dumb decision you make.

It will haunt you forever.