25 Ways To Know That You're The Mom Friend

Always the sober one or the advice giver? You just might be the mom friend.

47
Jordan Lauch

In every friend group, there is a mom friend. A mom friend is the friend that basically hold a group of friends together. They are often the most dependable friend. They are basically the parent of the group. If you think that you may be the mom friend, then you’ve come across the list that will help you decide if that is you.

1. You’re always the soberest one

Whenever you and your friends go out, whether it be to a party or bars, you always are somehow the soberest one. That means you are the one stuck taking care of the drunk ones.

2. You always somehow have something for every situation

No matter the situation, when your friends need something, you have it. Whether it be to fix your appearance, for a hookup or just simply for a headache. You always have it.

3. Everyone comes to you for advice

You may not even give the best advice out there, but your friends still depend on you giving them advice.

4. You’re the go-to driver

Whether it be the designated driver during a night out or just the driver on a long trip, everyone always assumes that you'll be driving.

5. You are always checking up on all your friends

You're constantly texting your friends, checking up on them to make sure everything is going well.

6. You’ve said, “text me when you get home”

You make sure that your friends text you when they get home or you get really worried then get angry because they made you worry for nothing.

7. You are always there when one of your friends is in need

You care about your friends and will always make sure to comfort them in times of need.

8. Everyone depends on you to make decisions

Whenever planning things for the friend group to do, everyone always looks toward you to be able to make the big decisions.

9. You have said the line, “call me if you need anything”

You worry about your friends and make sure that they know that if they need anything that you're there and that they aren't alone

10. You give your friends a stern talking to when they mess up

You make sure that your friends acknowledge their mistakes.

11. But you’re always there for them to help with the consequences of that decision

Everyone messes up, and you know that, but you never let your friends deal with their mistakes alone

12. You’re always there with comfort food when a friend has a serious breakup

You hate seeing your friends in pain, so your always there with whatever they need during a breakup to try to make it as easy as possible for them.

13. You call your friends’ pet names

You call your friends things like; sweetie, cutie, or other cute pet names as if they were your kid.

14. Whenever someone attacks your friend, you jump in to protect them and end the dispute

You know that if someone starts to come for your friends, you will be right there to protect them because no one hurts your friends.

15. You always offer to pay for your friends when they don’t have the money

You feel bad whenever your friends don't have the money to buy food or to buy drinks when going out, so you instinctively pay for them without a second thought.

16. You know where your friend’s things are better than they do

Whenever your friends mention that they can't find something, you automatically tell them where it is without even a second thought.

17. Your friends always come to you with secrets

Everyone always feels that they can trust you. Which means that you’re always the go to secret keeper.

18. You’re always the one who ends drama within your friend group

Whenever there’s beef within your friend group, you always wind up ending it.

19. You’re constantly worrying about something

Whether it be the fact that you might've forgotten something when going out, or you just feel like something might go wrong, you just don't know when or what could even happen.

20. When your friends mess up, you often apologize on the behalf of your friend

Whenever your friends do dumb things in front of strangers. You often feel the need to apologize on their behalf, as if you were their parent.

21. You’re the one that your friends call when they need to be picked up from somewhere

Whether it be after a hookup, from a bar, or pretty much from anywhere, you’re always the one that they call.

22. You’re constantly yelling at your friends for doing stupid things

You have more than likely had moments with your friends that they have come up with completely idiotic ideas. Which you obviously then gave numerous reasons as to why it would be a dumb idea.

23. Though you never let them do those stupid things alone

But if they do decide to go through with the dumb idea, you make sure that they don't do it alone. Since you know that if you participate you'll be able to keep a closer eye on them.

24. Your friends are constantly making jokes about you being over prepared for everything

You probably hear jokes from your friends about you constantly acting like you're their parent.

25. But through all your quirks, your friends still wouldn’t be able to survive without you

Your friends may joke with you about being such a mom friend. But through it all, they wouldn't be able to even function without you.