23 Things You'll Probably End Up Doing Instead Of Studying For Finals

Procrastination: the companion you hate, but can't seem to get rid of.

1247
Alexis Mills

The end of the semester means two things: finals, and the height of procrastination. When you have so many things to do and it starts to feel like there's no time to do it, for some odd reason, most of us seem to just tap out and waste our times doing things that aren't at all productive. We all do it at some point and in a variety of ways.

Pick your procrastination poison.

1. Scroll through social media

Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Tumblr, Pinterest. All of them. Multiple times.

2. Watch an endless number of YouTube videos

And somehow end up watching a minute long music video of a porcupine eating a carrot (yes, this is real).

3. Doodle on the edges of your notes instead of actually reading them

4. Fall asleep on top of your laptop

5. Take a nap, even though you've already napped twice that day

6. Wait 30 minutes in line at Starbucks, knowing that not even coffee can save you

Caffeine is a college kid's best friend, but not even coffee can write that 10-page paper and study for six finals.

7. Seriously contemplate what kind of snack you want to "help you study"

These Hot Cheetos are DEFINITELY going to help me with my Chem final, I just know it.

8. Plan how you're going to make $13 last you two weeks

9. Read a paragraph for the sixth time, because you weren't paying attention the first five times

10. Online shop for things you don't need (or can afford)

An $890 pair of sandals from Gucci? Totally something I need to spend time looking at and pretending I can afford.

11. Spend 5 hours on Netflix

12. Look up recipes for foods you're never going to actually make

Ah, yes, a Parmesan Shrimp Flambe garnished with parsley? I DEFINITELY have the time/money/ability to make that!

13. Tweet about how much studying you have to do

"Finals are gonna kill me this year. SO much studying to do," you type enthusiastically, having not opened a textbook or looked at a study guide in days.

14. Tell yourself you're being productive simply because you have a book in front of you

15. Scour Quizlet for the answers to your study guides

Nothing is more beautiful than finding all the answers you need without having to do any of the work yourself.

16. Cry over dog videos on Facebook

17. Stalk the Instagram of someone you don't know

You start on your friend's page and end up on the page of their cousin's best friend's aunt's neighbor's son's girlfriend.

18. Get excited over your next meal

Spaghetti? Delicious and fun. What's not delicious and fun? Studying.

19. Underestimate how much time you truly need to study

I really don't know why I thought leaving the 2 hours before the test for me to study would be a good idea in the first place.

20. Wish you had paid better attention in class

21. Have an existential crisis

Why am I here? Am I happy? Do I REALLY need this degree? What is the point of all of this? Why are we even on this planet?

22. Google how to pass your finals

Google has all the answers.

23. Regret not studying enough