1. Some people will never ever listen, no matter how honest you are with them, and no matter how much you listen to them.
2. You can't force someone to be in your life if they've already decided not to.
3. Some people only come into your life to use you. I believe Trent Shelton's quote "Real situations expose fake people." This is why.
4. Not everyone you meet is going to have a kind heart. Everyone has the ability to be kind, but not everyone is willing to use it.
5. Not everyone will want to understand your situation. Don't waste your time and energy validating something that already is(and should be in the other person's eyes). Your feelings are valid.
6. Not everyone that comes into your life is meant to be in it, or deserves to be.
7. Stop over-extending yourself to people who under-extend themselves to you.
8. Sometimes the people you care about the most, are the ones who care about you the least.
9. The person who is quick to point out your faults, likely doesn't recognize their own. Don't take stock into someone's opinions when they don't recognize themselves.
10. The people who support you in your best and worst moments are the ones you deserve and are people who deserve you.
11. Length of time doesn't always indicate how strong the friendship is. I've made some of my closest friendships in a really short time period.
12. Don't continue to hold onto someone or something toxic because of all the fun times you've had with them before. Toxic is toxic.
13. Actions truly speak louder than words. Words mean nothing if actions don't line up.
14. Never feel bad for saying no and choosing to take care of yourself (physically, mentally, financially). If someone gets mad about it, they likely don't respect your boundaries.
15. Take a FREAKING BREAK from studying/work. Please. It's not worth sacrificing your mental health.
16. Never let people take advantage of you.
17. Don't decide what you do with your life because of people's poor attitudes and personalities.
18. Stop caring about others' opinions. They don't define you. You do.
19. If your gut is telling you something feels off, then it's probably true. Listen.
20. Do what you want. You can't please everyone.
21. Do something that is out of your comfort zone. It's the only way you grow.
22. Be kind, even to the meanest of people. They call it "kill them with kindness" for a reason.
23. Watch your mouth and watch your actions. Your words and actions have the ability to stick. You will be remembered for how you treat people more than anything.