The 22 Stages Of A Summer Country Concert

One word: beer.

61
Whiskey Riff / Pinterest

The time has finally arrived. You've purchased your tickets, whether you're on the lawn, seated, or standing in the pit if lucky. You and your crew have been hyping up for this moment for weeks, maybe even months. Now what?

1. Picking out the perfect outfit

Hello flannels, short shorts and cute cowgirl boots paired with a rainbow of red, white and blue everywhere.

2. Driving to the concert

Insane rush hour traffic turned all the way up to ten... good luck finding a decent parking spot unless you get there like four hours early and don't mind walking half a mile just to get to the venue.

3. Tailgating

What's a summer country concert without tailgating? Cars and trucks of all shapes and sizes blaring country music is all you'll see and hear.

4. One word: Beer

Beer is being shotgunned, casually sipped, or chugged during a fun game of beer pong. Let the drinking begin!

5. Taking pictures with your besties

We all know the night of and day after a concert, Instagram and Snapchat will be blown up with concert vids and pics of y'all slaying.

6. Taking pictures with your significant other

Concerts with bae are the best concerts.

7. Ordering overpriced food and beverages once you're inside

The scent of popcorn and even more beer is too tempting to pass up, even if you already ate while tailgating.

8. Finding your seat, and a good seat if you can

If you're in the pit, you make sure you're as close to the stage as possible, and you let no one stand in your way.

9. Anxiously waiting for the opening act

The waiting is the worst and it feels as if you've been standing or sitting for an eternity before they finally begin.

10. Kind of listening to the opening act

I'm sure they were amazing, and they usually are, but bring on the headliner already.

11. Getting amped once the last opening act finishes and you wait for the headliner to finally take the stage

Anxiously watching their crew set up for their performance, wondering how many guitars they could possibly need.

12. The headliner finally starts singing, and you can't contain your screams of joy

Is it hot in here or is it me? Everyone's equally flipping out with joy and now the party is truly starting.

13. Chanting "USA"

Country music singers and fans alike have extreme pride for the USA and everything it stands for, so don't be surprised when "USA" is chanted multiple times during the concert, especially when the military, law enforcement personnel and first responders are honored.

14. Silently judging the people you know aren't true country music fans

You can tell these people are just here for an excuse to get drunk or look pretty.

15. The headliner sings your favorite song

Something about hearing them sing your favorite song live is such an amazing moment you cherish forever.

16. You either love or hate the people around you

Some people are tons of fun and respectful of your space, while others will constantly bump into you and whip their hair in your face while trying to steal your spot...don't hold back on shoving them back into their place.

17. The concert ends, but you know it very well isn't close to over

Encores are a must and often one of the best parts of the concert.

18. The concert actually ends and the mass chaos begins

People are pushing and shoving to get out as fast as possible and you grab onto your friends for dear life in order to avoid being separated.

19. Buying tour merch

Were you actually at the concert if you don't buy some merch, no matter how expensive it is?

20. Getting a chance to do a meet and greet

Meet and greets are what you yearn for, even if it's just the opening act, it's still pretty amazing to meet someone who made it big.

21. Making the sweaty hike back to your car with super sore feet

Cowgirl boots are all fun and games until your feet hurt so bad you can barely walk, and dodging drunk people doesn't make it any easier.

22. Waking up the next day with an extreme case of post concert depression

The best way to cure this is immediately buying tickets for your next concert.