21 Places I Visited Before Turning 21

21 Places I Visited Before Turning 21

I've been busy checking out this world in my short 21 years!

112
21 Places I Visited Before Turning 21
Lonely Planet

I've been busy in my 21 years on this earth. I love to travel and I encourage everyone to do it whenever they get the chance. Here are 21 places I had the privilege to visit before I turned 21!

1. Rome, Italy

There is so much history in the city of Rome! I have been privileged enough to visit more than once, and every time I have loved it!

2. Athens, Greece

Greece is by far one of my favorite countries to visit. It just so happens we were present in Athens in 2011 when the riots began in the streets!

3. Naples, Italy

Naples, Italy, home of Pompeii. Pictures don't do it justice whatsoever. The view of the volcano while walking through the preserved city is absolutely gorgeous.

4. Corfu, Greece

Corfu is just one more reason Greece has my heart. It is by far the coolest island I have had the privilege to spend time on!

5. Lake Tahoe, Nevada/California

If you are someone who likes to ski, you must visit Tahoe!

6. Paris, France

It's said to be the most romantic city to visit! There are so many things to see in Paris like the Louvre, the Eiffel Tower, Notre Dame, and Versailles!

7. Barcelona, Spain

I would visit Barcelona 100 times over. If you've never heard of Antoni Gaudi, Park Guell, or the Sagrada Familia, you must Google them all and then plan your trip to Barcelona!

8. Cozumel, Mexico

I was privileged enough to make a stop in Cozumel during a cruise several years ago. If you like snorkeling and want to see some cool fish I highly recommend you sign up for that excursion!

9. Madrid, Spain

Madrid, Spain's central capital. Madrid was the last stop on my most recent trip to Europe. There are many sights, some pretty amazing food, and great shopping

10. Toledo, Spain

We Americans have all heard of Toledo, Ohio, and although I've never been, I don't believe it could possibly be as breathtaking as Toledo, Spain!

11. Nice, France

I promise it's not read as nice, it's pronounced "niece." It is quite a fun place to stick your feet into the Mediterranean and do some shopping!

12. Stuttgart, Arkansas

Stuttgart, Arkansas is the rice and duck capital of the world. Although it's not exciting to most, it is quite exciting for avid hunters like myself!

13. Collioure, France

I really wish I could've spent more time in the neat town of Collioure. It's just how people imagine a small city on the ocean in Europe with side streets cars can't drive down and huge markets in the middle of town on the weekends!

14. Istanbul, Turkey

Nothing at all against Turkey, but I do not see a second visit in my near future. It was a cool place to visit with a lot of history, though!

15. Waco, Texas

Yes, I totally fan girled and went to Magnolia Market!

16. San Gimignano, Italy

Wine country! Although I was too young to appreciate wine when I was there, it is still quite a beautiful city to visit!

17. Dominican Republic

My first exposure to topless beaches at a young age......yikes!

18. Austin, Texas

I believe the saying goes "Keep Austin weird!" I loved Austin and its extremely cool atmosphere!

19. Katakolon (Olympia), Greece

I love the Olympics, so visiting the spot where it all began was a very cool experience!

20. Key West, Florida

I believe I've been to Key West twice, and both times I very much enjoyed the small ocean town vibes!

21. Orlando, Florida

The only reason anyone goes to Orlando is Disney World, right? I have to say though, Disney has some of the most amazing fireworks you will ever see!

I've been very blessed to travel this country and parts of Europe in my short 21 years! Soak up what mother nature, history, and man has given us! It is quite the amazing world out there.