21 Little Things Every College Girl Should Do Before Turning 21

1. Get yourself a good group of friends.
319

A core group of friends will always be the ones to help cheer you up when you are down.

2. You don't need a boy to define you.

Not having a boyfriend does not mean anything, it means you can be independent and do things on your own.

3. Nothing is as big of a deal as you think.

When you have little fights with friends, work it out because it is not the end of the world and you will need them.

4. Take time for yourself.

You don't always need to be out, relax, rest, and lay in bed longer than you normally do

5. Binge watch shows on Netflix.

It is completely okay to finish a season of a show in one night.

6. A night in with the girls is always needed.

You don't always need to go out, a movie night is always therapeutic.

7. Chinese food solves all problems.

Movie night and Chinese. What more do you need?

8. Just call your mom to say hi.

When you are having a bad day she is always able to cheer you up.

9. Live in the moment.

Be actively present and engaging in the activities surrounding you.

10. It is what it is.

You can't change what life throws at you, so accept it and move on and keep pushing forward.

11. If you run out of clothes, go through your friend's closet.

When you get bored of your closet, raiding your friends closet will always help.

12. Your GPA is not the end of the world.

Just because you do not have the highest GPA in your friend group does not mean you aren't smart.

13. Go shopping to get rid of your stress.

Use a day at the mall for some stress relief.

14. Friends become family.

Sometimes family isn't always there so the friends that surround you will become your new family.

15. Use a friend's shoulder to cry on.

When you are having a bad day, crying on a friend's shoulder will make it a little easier.

16. Go to sleep early.

Turn your phone off and go to bed, it will help distract you from the stress and anxiety.

17. You can overcome tragedy.

Yes losing someone is terrible but you grow from it and that will shape you into the person you will become.

18. Cook a nice dinner.

Go to the grocery store, buy food and cook a nice dinner, instead of eating a frozen pizza.

19. Stay out late.

Sometimes a night out will help distract you from what is going on.

20. Go out for dinner even when you don't have a lot of money.

Having dinner out with friends let's you relax and you make memories and forget all about the work to be done.

21. Be spontaneous.

Spur of the moment plans make the best memories.