21 Lessons By 21

21 Lessons And Tips I've Learned By Age 21

4. Know your limits.

30

Wow, I'm 21. That time sure went fast. 21 years is not a long time on this earth, but I have already learned and given so much.

I still have a lot of time left, so I must enjoy it. But here are 21 lessons and tips I have learned (or maybe should have learned).

1. Smile. Always.

A smile can change somebody's mood or day. A smile is contagious. Always smile.

2. Go to all of your appointments early.

This is one of the oldest tips in the book. Our moms and dads taught us this. Being on time to things is always important, but early is even better. It saves some stress for you.

3. Spend some time with Mother Nature.

NOT the Mother Nature you think I'm talking about. Literally go outside and spend time with Earth. Appreciate God's creations. It makes you feel great!

4. Know your limits.

It's better to learn this early on in your life. Know what you can and cannot do. Control yourself. Limiting is never a bad thing.

5. Don't chase after the people who won't chase after you.

Simple. If they don't take the time to spend time with you, then let it be. Don't waste your time or breath on them.

6. Fight back.

Do not let people step on you. I can't stress this enough. Taking advantage of someone makes that person feel good. It cushions the blow of guilt in their heart. Fight back, and make them regret ever bothering with you.

7. Eat all you want.

Girl, order that pizza. Go out for that ice cream. Get the salad when you want. Life is too short, buy the goods.

8. Go to school NOW, not later.

The easiest way out is finishing school, getting a degree, and moving on from there. Don't settle, because odds are you'll want to go back and it'd be too late.

9. Let things be.

If it's meant to be, it sure as hell will be. We all come across many situations in our lifetime where we question whether things are really worth the trouble. God is just writing up His plans for you.

10. You can always make money, but you can't always make memories.

Every single day, you have that chance to make some money. However, money doesn't buy happiness. Life is so short, and tomorrow is never promised. Make those memories you'll remember forever.

11. Quality over quantity.

It's better to have a few good things in your life than a bunch of things that don't benefit you or make you unhappy. It's also healthier to have a couple nice friends who care than a lot of people you barely even know.

12. It's completely okay to cry.

We sometimes have our moments. Guess what? It's totally okay! Sob all you want. You'll feel better when it's over.

13. Cherish and spend as much time as possible with your family and friends.

These are the people who matter, so dedicate your time to them.

14. Take some down time for yourself.

Mental health days are amazing and so necessary.

15. Don't fall under peer pressure.

This can be hard to do, but don't fall for it. You do what you want to do. It's your life, your choices. Peer pressure can be very evil when it wants to be.

16. You don't always have to feel obligated to go out.

Personally, I'm not one for going out. I like parties, but I never want to go overboard. Don't always feel like you have to do what everyone else does.

17. Binge-watching shows and movies on Netflix is actually good for the soul.

It's true. Netflix and I are very close. My bed is my best friend. There's just something about it that just feels amazing.

18. Get some good sleep.

Staying up every once in a while is alright. But it's good to get into a good sleep schedule now while you're young. It feels so good to be in bed by 9 P.M. and asleep by 11 P.M.

19. Be kind to one another.

I get it from Ellen Degeneres. She preaches a good truth. Why be rude to people? It only makes everything worse.

20. Life does not go the way you plan it to be.

Things don't work out sometimes. Over time, I have learned to accept God's plan for me. At the moment, it may seem as though everyone is out to get you and everything is just wrong for you, but life has a funny way of working itself out. Just be patient.

21. Always have fun.

Need I say more?