21 Facts About 21 Savage

21 Facts About 21 Savage

21 Savage recently got arrested by ICE, so here are 21 facts about the rapper.

37

He's got 1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8 M's in his bank account.

In the song "Bank Account," he states he has one, two, three, four, five, six, seven, eight M's in his bank account. In reality, 21 Savage's net worth is as high as $21 million. So 21 is worth 21.

He dropped out of school.

21 Savage did not finish school. It really doesn't matter now because he is worth millions; however, he does regret it. In the song, "letter 2 my momma," he said, "Wish I woulda stayed in school, but I dropped out."

He has 3 kids.

21 Savage has three kids. He has two sons and a daughter. At 19, he was a dad of two, but now at 26, he is a dad of three. He released he had kids on an episode of Sneaker Shopping with Complex.

He was born in England.

21 Savage was born in Plasitow, London, England on October 22, 1992. When he was 12 years old, his mother moved the family to America.

He donates money to charity.

21 Savage not only has a song called "Bank Account," but a charity named that as well. While appearing on Ellen DeGeneres, 21 Savage revealed that he founded a company called Bank Account. The company is targeted to increase the financial literacy of kids.

He wanted to help end gun violence.

In 2018, 21 Savage launched a movement called, "Guns Down, Paintballs Up." The movement did not work well and actually caused more homicides. Due to the consequences, he paid for the funeral of a three-year-old child who was murdered during one of the incidents from his movement.

He made it from the bottom, now He's a star.

When 21 Savage was younger, he was expelled from every school in Dekalb County. As 21 grew up, he continued to live a rough life. On his 21st birthday, he was shot six times which at that point made him turn his life around and become successful. In his song, "all my friends," he says, "Made it from the bottom, I'm a star."

21 Savage's real name is not 21 Savage.

21 Savage's birth name is Shayaa Bin Abraham-Joseph. 21 Savage is just his stage name. Many artists do this including Lil Baby, Post Malone and Kodak Black.

It took him less than 5 years to become famous.

21 Savage produced his first song, "Picky" on November 12, 2014. On July 15, 2016, he released his joint EP Savage Mode with Metro Boomin. The EP was very successful and actually peaked at number 23 on the Billboard 200.

He was shot 6 times.

On 21 Savage's 21st birthday, he was shot six times. He was shot by two attackers during a drug deal.

He won top rap song of the year.

In 2017, just three years after starting his rap career, 21 Savage won top rap song of the year. His won this award form the Billboard Music Awards for the song "Rockstar" by Post Malone and 21 Savage.

He hosted Issa Back to School Drive.

In August of 2016, 2017 and 2018, 21 Savage hosted a back to school drive in his home town where children received free haircuts, school supplies, and school uniforms.

He often writes his songs based off his past.

21 Savage often writes lyrics based on things from his past. In the song, "all my friends" he says. "Lost a few friends chasing money (On God)" His best friend Johnny was killed in a drug deal incident.

He got 6 more cars for his 12 car garage.

In the song, "Rockstar" by Post Malone and 21 Savage, 21 Savage said, "They like, Savage, why you got a 12 car garage and you only got six cars?" A year later in the song, "all my friends", he said. "'Cause I bought six new cars."

He was expelled from school.

In the seventh grade, 21 Savage was expelled from school. He brought a pistol to school in the seventh grade. He refers to this moment in one of his songs called, "Seventh Grade I got caught with a pistol, sent me to Pantherville."

He had a big family.

21 Savage has four brothers and six sisters. His mother was a single mother and raised all of them by herself in Atlanta.

21 Savage is not just his name.

The number 21 is derived from his gang. He and his friends would rob people and sell the items they had stolen to drug dealers and pawnshops. 21 Savage and his friends then called their gang, "21."

He has a face tattoo of a dagger.

21 Savage has a tattoo of a dagger in the middle of his forehead. The tattoo was for his friend Johnny that was murdered. He also has another tattoo on the side of his face that says, "21."

21 Savage is a fan of Gucci Mane.

Since 21 Savage was young, he has been a big fan of Gucci Mane. Little did he know that in 2018, he would record a song with Gucci Mane. The song is "Just Like It."

He's had songs make the Billboard Hot 100.

21 Savage has had 31 songs make it on the Billboard Hot 100. The song "Rockstar" by Post Malone and 21 Savage peaked at number one and stayed at number one for eight weeks.

He was arrested by ICE.

On February 3, 2019, 21 Savage was arrested by ICE (Immigration and Customs Enforcement). His charges are overstaying in the US. He overstayed his Visa which expired in July of 2006.