Taylor Swift Stole The Show, But The 2019 AMAs Were A Huge Win For ALL Women In Music

Let's hear it for the ladies in music!

1033
Image Group LA / Getty Images

The 2019 American Music Awards were Sunday night and honestly, it was the best one yet.

The red carpet and performances were, of course, star-studded, but the female domination was incredible and a huge moment for women in the industry.

In case you missed the show, these were the most notable moments of the entire night.

Selena Gomez opened the show

Selena started the 2019 AMAs off with her highly emotional new ballad, "Lose You To Love Me" and followed it with her new single "Look At Her Now."

Ciara hosted the show

Not only did Ciara do a phenomenal job as host, but she performed her song "Melanin" alongside La La and Esther Dean. Also, she looked incredible in all of her looks.

Lizzo performed "Jerome"

Lizzo left everyone, and I mean, EVERYONE, emotional during her performance of "Jerome" at the AMAs. During her inspirational monologue before the start and throughout the entirety of the song, it was a passionate and heartfelt few minutes that we ALL needed.

Billie Eilish won her first (and second) American Music Awards

Billie took home awards for both Best New Artist and Favorite Alternative Rock Artist. She then took the stage and lit it on fire in her performance of "All The Good Girls Go To Hell," with her brother Finneas by her side on keyboard and guitar.

Taylor Swift won Artist of the Decade and five other awards

Along with Artist of the Decade, she won Artist of the Year, Favorite Music Video, Favorite Female Pop/Rock Artist, Favorite Pop/Rock Album, and Favorite Adult Contemporary Artist. No big deal or anything.

She now is the proud winner of 29 AMAs which is the most awards ever won, beating Michael Jackson's record of 23 awards.

Taylor Swift performed a mashup of her old music and new

This performance was iconic many reasons, but most importantly, it was so important because she was able to perform her old music that she was originally forbidden from performing by Scott Borchetta and Scooter Braun.

Taylor brought up Halsey and Camilla Cabello to sing "Shake It Off" with her

It was a huge shock to see these two join Taylor on stage but quite a pleasant surprise to see some more girl power killing it for the evening.

Shania Twain performed some of her greatest hits

If you didn't see this performance, you need to watch it. Post Malone enjoyed it probably more than anyone in the room.

Toni Braxton performed and for some reason looks like she's 35

I didn't know that I needed this performance until it happened. "Un-Break My Heart" is a classic and seeing it live was such an iconic moment.

Kesha performed a new song and surprised us with an old one

Kesha performed "Raising Hell" with Big Freedia and surprised the audience with a performance of "Tik Tok." Kesha seemed to poke fun at Kanye West's "Sunday services" by saying that this was her version of a Sunday service prior to singing "Raising Hell."

Camilla Cabello performed THREE times

Not only did she perform "Shake It Off" with Taylor, she sang "Seniorita" with boyfriend Shawn Mendes and then by herself performing her song "Living Proof." Talk about owning the stage.

Cardi B won best rap artist

Cardi was up against Drake and Post Malone, all of whom have huge fanbases, so it was so awesome to see her come out victorious.