2018 Is The Year To Be Positive

2018 Is The Year To Be Positive

Bring on the positives vibes 2018!
142

Welcome to 2018! After a very interesting 2017 to say the least, I think we all need some positive vibes as we start the new year. I for one want to use this next year to really work on myself and make this the best year yet. Sometimes we get too caught up in other people or the negatives and forget to focus on ourselves and our own wellbeing.

One of the biggest things I struggle with is confidence. It's hard in today's society to genuinely feel good about yourself. With constant images on social media and television, it's easy to get this misconception of what is "perfect." In 2018 I want to actually feel good about who I am and what I look like. I may never look like a supermodel or movie star, but I don't care. I'm beautiful in my own way and don't need to look like anyone else to prove that to myself.

In life, it's very easy to sweat the small stuff and get caught up in the tiny struggles that we meet day in and day out. However, it's important to take a step back and really evaluate why and what we're getting upset over. Sometimes it's because you can't find your phone, or you broke something, or maybe even overslept for work or class. I know I'm guilty of this sometimes, but we sometimes have a meltdown or rant about the small things. Then I remember the important things in life.

With this new year, I want to make the conscious effort to remain positive and focus on the good things in life. At this point in my life, there are so many exciting things happening to be grateful for. At the end of the day, the most important things are to be happy and healthy. And those are the things that I want and need to focus on.

Every year we set resolutions for the new year and most often than not we don't actually keep up with them. They last for about a month and then reality sets back in and we go right back into our old routine. This year, I really want to try to keep a resolution of living a positive and happy life and actually maintain it. I am determined to make this the best year yet and take the time to actually take care of myself.

Now, I know there are a lot of things in life that are hard to deal with and stressful. But it's important to keep your happiness and positive outlook on life. In 2018, I think it's important for all of us to try to shut out the negativity and be appreciative of all the good that we have in our lives. To express love and compassion to others. To treat others the way we want to be treated. To accept others for the people who they want to be. Those are my goals for 2018.