2017 Bucket List

2017 Bucket List

Can you believe I've never been camping?
15

I know myself, and know that I won't keep a New Year's Resolution if I make it, so instead, I decided to create a 2017 bucket list! Here's some things I've never done, habits I'd like to create, and things that I want to make happen this year!

1 . Go camping

Oddly enough, something I have NEVER done is been camping! Sure I've been to camp and stayed in a cabin but the whole sleep in a tent outside and cook your own food... never.

2. Blog more

I have a website, check it out if you want, but I hardly ever write on it! I write things from personal things, religious things, political thoughts, I post my "photography", and talk about my travels! I would love to write on that more. Check it out here!!

3. Declare a major I love

I'm on the track to declare a Communications and Political Science double major, so I'm not really struggling to find my place and what exactly I want to study, but I'm really hoping to declare that this year!

4. Learn how to cook a really great meal

If you know me at all, you know that I am physically, mentally, emotionally, and really all over just completely inept in the kitchen. I can maybe cook a can of soup and not screw it up. I would love to leave 2017 saying that I can make a chicken or a steak or something a little bit above pasta!

5. Get up and watch the sunrise

My campus, Furman University, is located LITERALLY right next to Paris Mountain in Greenville, South Carolina, and it's a really great place to hike and explore and spend time outside. During my time here, I would love to get out one morning and see the sunrise from Paris Mountain!

6. Travel somewhere I've never been

I've been really fortunate and able to travel to some fantastic places like Greece, Rome, China, and I have a huge heart for traveling. This year, I would love to travel somewhere that I've never been before. I'm a certified SCUBA diver and it looks like our next trip will be an intentional dive trip.. places on the list are Belize, the Grand Cayman, Great Barrier Reef in Australia, etc!!!

7. Be intentional

Something I've learned in college is that some friendships just "happen", but some do not! I've seen (or stalked) a few people that I would really love to get to know better, but have been too afraid to talk to them. In 2017, I want to be more intentional, send that first text, set up that lunch date, and make those awesome friends!!

8. Learn a new language

In high school, I took five years of Latin. Coming in to college, I was unsure of whether or not I would want to continue Latin, or if I wanted to try something new. Obviously I've made my decision seeing as it is on the bucket list, that I want to take a new language in college and learn something new!

9. Watch Gilmore Girls

Literally everyone watches or has watched this show except me. It's time.

10. Send more letters in the mail

One of the best forms of communication, and a lost art in my opinion!! I have an article on just why we should send more snail mail. Check it out!!

Thanks for staying tuned during my 2017 bucket list! Hold me accountable for these things and maybe even come out and do them with me! Looking for a way out of your new years resolutions that you won't keep? Create your own 2017 Bucket List!